Home

Best offensive style for ncaa12

This is a discussion on Best offensive style for ncaa12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #25
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Best offensive style for ncaa12

I like using the Spread myself. But i also like the Pistol. Was wondering what playbooks incorporate both. Spread for the options, passing, and WRs, and Pistol for the hand off and up the middle running. Anyone know of any?
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started a dynasty as the OC at Western Michigan right out of the gate. I'm an Oregon fan so I wanted to use their offense, but without the Ducks talent level it's difficult to be consistent. It's just too difficult to run out of the shotgun with a 1* team. Then I messed around with Florida's playbook and didn't really find it good for my team either.

I finally settled on a custom playbook with South Carolina as the base. I added in Weak-Normal and Shotgun-5 Wide, and I've finally found a groove. My first, and only, game with this set up I beat Illinois 24-10. It's not an overpowering offense, but it still gives me a chance to control the game how I'd like to. My running game really improved as well. My team went for 200 yards on the ground and I had two long TD runs of about 30 yards.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #27
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
I love Utah State's playbook. Some Ace, Goaline-I, Wishbone, Pistol and Shotgun.

Last year I really liked Virginia Tech's, more of a multiple/wildcat pro formation.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-28-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #28
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Always go with what you have for a team. I personally love the spread set because of the ability to run option plays and passing plays. I also like the pistol set because of the unique setup and plays you can run. And I always need a wildcat setup just because of my love for the trick play.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #29
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
I'm not saying it's perfect... but to say that shotgun running is ineffective because the option read doesn't work perfectly is extreme. HB Dives & QB Blasts out of flex/offset formations are deadly, especially if you have a nice audible system worked out to take advantage of how the defense lines up. And I've found that versus those teams with the stud DL that wreaks havoc, a good dose of HB Dive & HB Off-Tackle opens up the option game.

I also have never downloaded the patch. Could this have something to do with it?
This, although I have the patch. Certain plays and options are pretty hard to get off, but saying shotgun running (which is all I do with my Cincy chise) doesnt work, is extreme. I Play on AA with with default sliders. Crazy, physics defying LBs? Check, but I can run out of the spread, oneback, air raid, etc.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #30
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

I am running I-form double tight alot, and could probably run it the whole game. The power-o running play has been really effective for me this year. also on the wr post play the te closest to the receiver does this 5 yard curl route that is almost always open. a couple of playaction pass plays, hb dive, and fb dive. almost all day.

also really like the sg formation wit 3 wrs on one side, and a te and another wr on the other. if i need to score quickly i seem to be able to do so very well in this formation. cant remember exactly what it is called though. ace trio is also a formation i have been having success with.

but basically what i always want in a play book is a couple of i formations (preferbly twins and double tight), a lot of ace formations (some with 2 and 3 wr's), and some shotgun formation with at least 4 wr's on the field. i guess i would call that combination multiple if anything.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 07-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #31
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

I would actually say that running is a bit too easy. Ive never utilized the draw this much in my life. Literally every draw out of the shotgun (with the right quick audibles) is money for 4-9+ yards. I made Xavier and gave them this fat, crappy white HB, and he tears it up so much I started playing with my rivals fictional athletics organization in a chise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #32
Rookie

murphonthemike's Arena

Shotgun Spread is a must on this version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »