Home

Controlling a DT/DE

This is a discussion on Controlling a DT/DE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Controlling a DT/DE

Everytime I see my online opponent control a DLineman, I run right at him. They can't get off blocks. I personally control the LB and once the OLineman gets his hands on me, I can't get off. It's like he's super glued to my jersey. Kind of disappointing to say the least.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
I dont even play defense anymore because of that.
I used to just take the LE and pass rush but he just falls down every time.
I use to really enjoy playing DE, but I'm with you. I just end up laying face down on the turf no matter method I use to try and get by the offensive lineman. It'd be great to get some advice on this one.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
It's pretty easy actually. Make sure to engage the Olineman before touching your right stick. So you pull down on L stick until you engage. Once engaged play to your linemans strength on the R stick---if he has a high spin move rating use that, if power, use that. This means you either roll the R stick right or left, or press it down or up.

DO NOT twirl the stick madly without a plan, this is when you will get automatically thrown on the ground. Also realize that you will not be busting through the line every play...the more off balance you keep the offense via the blitz and mixing up plays the better.
So are power moves left and right, and spin moves are up and down? I wish EA would go into more detail about this kind of stuff, I never could figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
So are power moves left and right, and spin moves are up and down? I wish EA would go into more detail about this kind of stuff, I never could figure it out.
Agreed. They cater to the casual fan yet provide no tutorials or guides to help. If I never played this game before I would be lost.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

engage the defender first then hold the right stick in the position of the move you want. not a flick or multiple flicks, hold it there. if the move doesn't work disengage and either switch off or try another angle.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
It depends on the angle of your player. If you are controling a NT in a 3-4 scheme and are lined up directly on top of the Center... and when you engage him, your players shoulders are in line with the LOS, then left and right are spin moves and down is bull rush.

However if you are a DE, and are rushing the passer, and your player is at an angle, then the spin moves are diagonal on the right stick and the bull rush is towards the lineman.

So.. if you are a ... LE. Ball is snapped, its a pass play. The RT drops in pass protection and you try and beat him with speed off the edge but you cant and he gets a block on you. Your spin move will be push the right stick to UP-LEFT for inside spin and DOWN-RIGHT for outside spin and DOWN-LEFT (or direction towards blocker/QB) for bull rush.

Not sure if this explains it well enough...
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I use the DE/DT all the time. I will point out, if you're using edited rosters the players won't perform as well. Check their tendency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I use the DE/DT all the time. I will point out, if you're using edited rosters the players won't perform as well. Check their tendency.
Not having this problem at all.. with Buckeye rosters.. playing against Baylor... Robert Griffin scrambled like 60% of the time... and the best Pass rushing DE act like well... Dwight Freeney or Julius Peppers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »