Home

2012 Conference Realignment

This is a discussion on 2012 Conference Realignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
Rookie

Bigten2011's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2012 Conference Realignment

I think EA should put in as many fcs teams as possible so we can put them into any conference we want.

And for teambuilder they need to make so you just add the teams instead of having to replace

Go Wisconsin Badgers!
(6-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2012 Conference Realignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigten2011
I think EA should put in as many fcs teams as possible so we can put them into any conference we want.

And for teambuilder they need to make so you just add the teams instead of having to replace
I would like to see both of these as well. However, being able to add an unlimited number of teams would probably really mess with the game's Dynasty scheduling algorithm (which already has problems once you get a few years in), and would (in all honesty) probably be VERY difficult to implement. If EA managed to find a way to do this and make it work, I would actually be VERY impressed!

Having FCS teams and allowing them to be imported into dynasty mode, however, should be a trivially simple feature to add, as it was present way back in NCAA Football 2004 on the PS2 (maybe even earlier). Either EA is too lazy to add those schools, feels that there isn't enough room on the game disc to contain all the art assets (it would definitely fit on a PS3 Blu Ray), or they might possibly have some sort of licensing issue that is legally preventing them from using the FCS schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankssta
I noticed when I took some teams out of conferences, some teams in the conference would play 3 or 4 FCS teams. They would end up being undefeated and in the top 10 or 5 because of 3 or 4 easy wins.
I would guess that this is probably related to the rivalry structure of the game. The scheduling algorithm is supposed to be set up to make sure that rivalries get played every year. So if you start removing one team in a rivalry, you're going to break the scheduling for EVERY team that was a rival for the replaced team. In my opinion, the custom conferences in NCAA 12 are a great idea, but are horribly broken (read my full opinion in my review at http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/201...des_conference). Without any way to create new rivalries to replace the ones that become orphaned, EA's scheduling logic is just broken.

Last edited by MegaBearsFan; 10-10-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added note about rivalries breaking scheduling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »