Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #57
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
The one thing that stuck out to me was the amount of stat overlays.

Why did EA decide to get rid of those??? Now I have to constantly press pause to check player stats when all they have to do is throw up some stats every 3 or 4 plays.
You want a quick laugh? Look over the feature set of a game like NCAA 2006 and then revisit your question of "Why did EA decide to get rid of those" and add to that question "...and never bring it back?"
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
You want a quick laugh? Look over the feature set of a game like NCAA 2006 and then revisit your question of "Why did EA decide to get rid of those" and add to that question "...and never bring it back?"
This is so true
Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #59
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

The only edition with FSU on the cover (and it was only released for PS2).

Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #60
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

lol he should have learned all the team names

Last edited by Michgantown; 07-26-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

1st PS2 installment and there are refs and a chain gang on the field, not to mention FCS teams. They also have pre-game intros. It took until the 5th installment on 360 (NCAA 11) to get refs on the field and decent intros, and they still don't have a chain gang or real FCS teams. The 6th installment on 360 (NCAA 12) still lacks many PS2 features that made the game more fun. Also, commentary is almost exactly the same, minus Lee Corso. I would gladly trade Erin Andrews' useless analysis for Corso.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

So it appears that the mods are completely in love with in NCAA 12. Why? I'll never figure it out. People are too blinded with the thinking that newer is better. I have a friend who won't play an older game in a series if the next one has come out. Newer is definitely not always better, in fact most of the time it isn't. There's more to something than "oooh pretty graphics." I don't give a damn what the graphics are like if the game is as broken as it is this year. NCAA on next-gen has been pretty bad and I hope they improve (they can't really go down) on the next set of consoles.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The only thing "downright creepy" in these videos is the guy recording them.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #64
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The only thing "downright creepy" in these videos is the guy recording them.
If I'm not mistaken, he has no less than 4 favorite teams: Boise St, Oregon, Oregon St, & USC. Anyone else catch that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »