Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5
Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

2002 was a great game, it arguably has more features than the current iterations.

I forgot that game had the Ivy League and some of the historically black colleges like Grambling in there, too.

It's incredible how little has changed in 9 years. Even the mascots have the same mo-cap. The commentator in this video is dreadful but check out the gameplay. The commentary is EXACTLY the same. Actually it's better.

First vid has the intro and some annoying guy reading out all the teams. Second vid has gameplay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

scrapface113's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Also, notice that this 2002 version has higher resolution logos on the field. Had to laugh at the comic sans font used in the game.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Aph0ticShield's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Same commentary? Honestly?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Kinda funny if you ask me. Some many thoughts just entered my mind but its not worth the rant.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Rookie

I like how this guy gives his own play by play and is so intense about every play. I remember this game and how lousy the AI was. It was never am I going to go undefeated and win the national championship but rather how many games will I score 100 points in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aph0ticShield
Same commentary? Honestly?
Honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy082
I like how this guy gives his own play by play and is so intense about every play. I remember this game and how lousy the AI was. It was never am I going to go undefeated and win the national championship but rather how many games will I score 100 points in.
Yeah, I was pretty good at that game too and eventually got bored of Heisman. I can't remember the name of the specific play but it was out of the Ace formation where the two tight ends would run corner patterns. I had probably a 90% success rate with that one.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, The commentating thing actually made me laugh. In one of those angry chuckles.

A. It actually amazes me to see all the teams in the game. But then I remember how that used to be the NORM before it reached Next-Gen.

Anyway, does anyone miss the Unlockables. Other then the Cheats, I think it would be cool if they put that small feature back in. I mean, maybe things like added Mascots, Stadiums, etc.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredude02
Wow, The commentating thing actually made me laugh. In one of those angry chuckles.

A. It actually amazes me to see all the teams in the game. But then I remember how that used to be the NORM before it reached Next-Gen.

Anyway, does anyone miss the Unlockables. Other then the Cheats, I think it would be cool if they put that small feature back in. I mean, maybe things like added Mascots, Stadiums, etc.
Yeah, I always thought that stuff was generally fun.

Looking back, they really squeezed every drop out of the PS2, didn't they?

Meanwhile there's talk of the NEXT next-gen consoles coming out in a couple years and I still feel like they haven't come close to hitting their stride with the PS3 as far as sports games go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »