Home

recruiting level

This is a discussion on recruiting level within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: recruiting level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught76
I read somewhere on the boards last year that you get a recruiting boost every week that will consist of one of the following:

- Pink Diamond (A recruit will have a spinning pink/purple diamond by their head which means they're interested in you but they don't currently have you in their TOP 10)

-2x Bonus (You get 3 - 2X bonuses; this is really helpful especially if you have a small (10-15 player board) b/c it means you'll get to use all 3 2x bonuses on guys you need)

-Instant Commits (I've seen anywhere from 1 to 4 in a given week)

-Unlock (You'll unlock up to 3 different pitches for a recruit during the recruiting time on that player)

I believe this covers everything....

The pink diamond is AMAZING - But it's hard as hell to find. I've only found it one time in my four seasons of recruiting
Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Rookie

Onslaught76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
The pink diamond is AMAZING - But it's hard as hell to find. I've only found it one time in my four seasons of recruiting
Same here, only found it once in the last couple of years. Of course it was for a QB at OSU when Pryor was a freshman......D'OH!!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
Rookie

How big of a difference is it between varsity-all american-heisman? I just noticed the difficulty option today and am thinking of starting a new dynasty with a harder recruiting level. Will I notice a big change between varsity and all american? Is Heisman just too hard?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, only Heisman provides a somewhat realistic challenge for Users. Anything else is too easy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I use Heisman, and i feel that the higher you go up on the difficulty the more you need to recruit guys that have your school in your top 5. outside of that you are pretty much just wasting your time. Also talkin to a recruit for 30 min a week does not work either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
IMO, only Heisman provides a somewhat realistic challenge for Users. Anything else is too easy.
I'm using varsity and once Purdue hit 4 stars I was easily getting top 25 recruiting classes. What can I expect with All-American and Heisman levels? Top 40? 50? 75?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #23
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
What team do you use? I play with Iowa and have a hard time getting guys even on All-American. Freshman is far too easy but on Varsity I can at least get a few 4 stars.

On All-American it's all 2 and 3 stars for me even if my prestige goes up.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #24
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I completely agree and have recently switched from all american recruiting to heisman. I consistently see teams having what I consider to be realistic recruiting classes. In years past I could not tell a difference between all american recruiting and heisman other than the number of topics one could change.

Now, fast forward to this year I believe there is actually a difficulty difference in getting recruits with heisman vs just the number of topics one can change.

I absolutely love heisman recruiting and highly recommend it. I by no means feel that its too easy or too hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »