Home

Position Changes

This is a discussion on Position Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Position Changes

I have seen this year much more recruits that are good at multiple positions, great to see! But I just found an athlete that really stumps me on where to put him, he's a 4* 6'3" 204 lbs, his speed acc and agility are all D+s his stamina and injury are Bs and every other rating I kid you not are all D-s. Where should I put him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Position Changes

At the position changes screen during the off-season, simply scroll through the different positions - it'll show you what his rating would be at each
Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Quo
Rookie

Are the progressions still stupid on players who are switched, though?

I've always thought one of the LAMER aspects of this game is that you can't take a power back and switch him over to FB as a FR, then watch him bulk up and improve to the point where he's a reasonably decent fullback.

Sure would be useful, since in games past (at least, not sure about this one yet) there were all of 10 FB's to choose from in the recruiting classes...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo
Are the progressions still stupid on players who are switched, though?

I've always thought one of the LAMER aspects of this game is that you can't take a power back and switch him over to FB as a FR, then watch him bulk up and improve to the point where he's a reasonably decent fullback.

Sure would be useful, since in games past (at least, not sure about this one yet) there were all of 10 FB's to choose from in the recruiting classes...
I agree with you on this. Same thing with big slower wrs, should be able to move them to TE.
The other thing that peaves me is strength and speed ratings changing. Example i tried moving my undersized, DT to DE, when i did i noticed his strength droppped from an 84 to somewhere in the low 70s. Um im sorry but strength is strength, same with speed, agility, acccel, etc. The only thing that should change prior to training, during the position change week is awareness, and it should be based on similarities in the position.
Example, there would be a bigger change in awareness going from wr to qb, as opposed to a smaller change in going from DT to DE.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes, they're still bad but only on offense, that power back thing really gets to me though I think the reason is they over value the run blocking on the fullbacks. But on defense, the position changes are much more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Rookie

The FB issue I agree with EA only because a FB is much better at blocking than a power RB. If the power RB has years to train he will become better at blocking through progression. Its like moving a fast QB with no carrying to RB and expecting him to be great right off the bat. Another example is a CB to saftey with no tackling ability or a SS to CB with no coverage ability. It is all dependant on how good the player is at performing the other positions tasks.

But i would agree that on that ATH you should just scroll through and find where to put him...or just cut him if he is that bad lol
Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
Quo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegame20130
The FB issue I agree with EA only because a FB is much better at blocking than a power RB. If the power RB has years to train he will become better at blocking through progression. Its like moving a fast QB with no carrying to RB and expecting him to be great right off the bat. Another example is a CB to saftey with no tackling ability or a SS to CB with no coverage ability. It is all dependant on how good the player is at performing the other positions tasks.
While I agree with you on the premise, in reality if a guy is a hitter, like most power rb's are, it's not likely that they are bad blockers. Sometimes I guess, but by and large if a guy is a banger he's going to be looking to hit someone. If I were arguing that you should be able to stick ANY running back back there at FB, speed or otherwise I could see your point.

I'm not asking for it to work 100% of the time. If it were more realistic, though, it would work sometimes.

It wouldn't be an issue at all if they didn't have so ridiculously few FB's in the game...
Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Skipping over the FB argument going on in here... CUT HIM. D+'s and D-'s?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »