Home

Where's the momentum???

This is a discussion on Where's the momentum??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Where's the momentum???

I can't help but notice my 230 lb. halfback running full speed towards a 190 pound CB and not only get stopped, but the corner completely stands him up and puts him on his back 70% of the time. I know this game doesn't have the greatest physics, but this wasn't a noticeable problem in last year's game.

I watch a lot of football and it is extremely rare that a cornerback puts a RB with a full head of steam on his back. Most runningbacks fall forward when tackled by a single defender. Now if it's two defenders I don't have a problem with it, but I feel like they did this intentionally to limit the offenses.

Am I the only one who notices this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Where's the momentum???

I have also noticed this... in my navy dynasty i have had the fullback in the open field countless times with only a CB in front of him and he gets put on his back like he weighed 80 pounds
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Actually adding to that, I was playing as Army. My FB breaks a run, running up the sideline, safety in pursuit from behind...the safety gets his hands on him, FB comes to a complete stop, and gets thrown out of bounds like a rag-doll.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Actually adding to that, I was playing as Army. My FB breaks a run, running up the sideline, safety in pursuit from behind...the safety gets his hands on him, FB comes to a complete stop, and gets thrown out of bounds like a rag-doll.
Haha don't you just love how a runner can be stopped completely from behind
Old 07-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Like I said I wasn't expecting the greatest physics given the reputation of the series, but I was at least expecting to see the same "momentum" as last year. IDK if it's the collision system or what, but it needs work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes it is alittle irritating especially if it keeps you from getting a first down or TD. Cornerbacks don't usually go high on running backs, they always go for the legs.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Push up on the right analog stick, and take your finger off sprint. You will roll em over then.... BUT of course that means you will get caught from behind.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Push up on the right analog stick, and take your finger off sprint. You will roll em over then.... BUT of course that means you will get caught from behind.

Yeah this works most of the time. I have a 255lb fullback that has yet to get tackled by a DB in the open field by pushing up on the right stick. There are some physics to this game believe it or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »