Home

dynasty mode "custom schedules"

This is a discussion on dynasty mode "custom schedules" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
dynasty mode "custom schedules"

I can't seem to adjust other team's schedules in xbox 360 ncaa 12 dynasty mode. I'm at the point in pre-season where I can select "custom schedules," but I can only adjust my team's schedule?

I'm trying to force the SEC teams to play a minimum of 2 BCS opponents in OOC in-game since it is not going to happen in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: dynasty mode "custom schedules"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassist250
I can't seem to adjust other team's schedules in xbox 360 ncaa 12 dynasty mode. I'm at the point in pre-season where I can select "custom schedules," but I can only adjust my team's schedule?

I'm trying to force the SEC teams to play a minimum of 2 BCS opponents in OOC in-game since it is not going to happen in real life.
They dont have to IRL because the SEC is tough enough.

I dont think you can edit other teams schedules.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
That's how it's supposed to be. You can only customize the schedules of the teams you control. It's always been like that. Would have been nice if they changed that. Then again, it would have been nice if this game wasn't such a bug-filled abomination upon release.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
Banned

OT: is it possible to control more than 1 team in dynsaty mode. Don't think ive ever seen the option too.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
They dont have to IRL because the SEC is tough enough.
That is debatable. The OOC in the SEC is such a joke of a cake-walk that at the end of the season in my dynasty mode ten teams made it to bowl games despite their in-conference schedule.

For example, 8-4 Miss. State ranked #24 for accomplishing absolutely nothing. OOC = memphis, louisiana tech, uab and hard hitting tennessee martin. All Miss State needs to do is win that pathetic OOC, shellack ole miss and kentucky, then go 2-4 against auburn, lsu, georgia, south carolina, bama, and arkansas. In my dynasty they only beat #25 8-4 south carolina (which used the exact same schedule formula as Miss State to get their 8 wins and false top-25 rank) and arkansas.

Teams like auburn, lsu, georgia and bama get to pretend that their victories over in conference false top-25 teams are an accomplishment that needs to be rewarded with 4 guaranteed OOC wins.

It is all smoke and mirrors.

*edit* BTW thank you for updating and making available the named rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
That is debatable. The OOC in the SEC is such a joke of a cake-walk that at the end of the season in my dynasty mode ten teams made it to bowl games despite their in-conference schedule.

For example, 8-4 Miss. State ranked #24 for accomplishing absolutely nothing. OOC = memphis, louisiana tech, uab and hard hitting tennessee martin. All Miss State needs to do is win that pathetic OOC, shellack ole miss and kentucky, then go 2-4 against auburn, lsu, georgia, south carolina, bama, and arkansas. In my dynasty they only beat #25 8-4 south carolina (which used the exact same schedule formula as Miss State to get their 8 wins and false top-25 rank) and arkansas.

Teams like auburn, lsu, georgia and bama get to pretend that their victories over in conference false top-25 teams are an accomplishment that needs to be rewarded with 4 guaranteed OOC wins.

It is all smoke and mirrors.

*edit* BTW thank you for updating and making available the named rosters
I know man, i was just saying what all the SEC folks say. Relax.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

And the Big Ten are essentially MAC members for a few weeks a year...

OSU plays Akron and Toledo.
Michigan plays EMU and WMU.
Penn State plays Temple and EMU.

Shall I continue? Nebraska is the only one who hasn't joined the party, yet.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

That's because we're too far away to play those schools haha.

Nebraska plays Chattanooga, Fresno State, Washington and Wyoming. Not a terribly hard OOC, but not that easy either. Then they get to run the gauntlet in conference.

I redid custom conferences once (in a dynasty that I deleted because of roster tendencies) and put Nebraska back in an 8 team Big XII (I evened out the conferences by skill first, then location). I looked at their schedule and they played 9 ranked teams in a row. Now that's a tough schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »