Home

Ive figured out why the running game is so unrealistic

This is a discussion on Ive figured out why the running game is so unrealistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ive figured out why the running game is so unrealistic

I have the hardest time running on AA...... then again I'm using SEC's sliders too.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm currently playing on AA w/ my run block set to 70 & CPU run D set to 85 or 90. Someone on OS said that the O-line is clueless unless they are 70 or higher, and I agree. This is working very well for me. I've noticed:

*My players block intelligently (they almost never run past their assigned defender) and they react faster.

*I rarely see the animation where a CPU D-linemen slides off a block and tackles me all in one motion. For the first time in NCAA 12 my RB is being tackled by LBs & safeties.

If anyone is having running issues on AA I recommend setting human run block to 70 and CPU run D to 85-100 (depending on your skill & your team's rating). When I play as Colorado 85 works perfect. If I use a team with talented players 90 or 95 works best.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

The fact that on AA and Heisman the playside corner (who somehow magically knows he's the playside corner) makes an immediate beeline for the RB no matter what his assignment is on the play is also a pretty big factor here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpn_DXww3Es
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

linemen either block the wrong guy by going straight to the second level or they don't hold a block at all. plus, in pass protection, if a guy gets past them, most of the time they just give up and stand there doing nothing. line play in this game is still a joke.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I agree with what you're saying and I'll add a few more blocking issues.

1) Blockers give up as soon as they are beat. Once a blocker is beaten by a defender, they immediately go after a new player regardless of how important the initial block is to the play.

2) Lineman never try to get there backs to the hole. This makes it much easier for DL to get off of their blocks and make a tackle. Also, on stretch plays blockers need to get to the outside of the players they are blocking to make an edge.

3) Blockers do not adjust to blitzes. This is basic football. If you have a combo block and see that the LB is blitzing, then you need to adjust and have one player block the DT and the other block the LB.
As a left tackle all my high school football career, #3 is the most annoying part of offense on this game. Countless times, pulling guards and even more so fullbacks just run by blitzing linebackers coming through the A gaps. I started running more out of ace and singleback formations so I dont have to deal with a dumb fullback.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

OVR: 2

I have another theory...I've noticed on all types of runs, including read option keepers, that if you don't use the sprint/turbo button you're less likely to get swarmed under and tackled, even if you have a hole/the edge. Really weird.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain El 82
I have another theory...I've noticed on all types of runs, including read option keepers, that if you don't use the sprint/turbo button you're less likely to get swarmed under and tackled, even if you have a hole/the edge. Really weird.

I've noticed that also. It's like a magnet. The defense will stop what they are doing and find you. I wonder if it's encoded in there, some kind of key. It's like a moth to a flame.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »