Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #73
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Honestly, running the ball is one problem I don't have, on AA. Thank goodness, too. I think the running game has been solid. Yes, options are meh, and IMO tosses in NCAA and Madden have never been worth it. But anything else is solid.

That doesn't account for the cheating CPU that knows your play-call, but that's different.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I read the title of the thread again before i posted this, and i'm only playing devil's advocate here because i agree with you guys about how BS this is regardless of success levels or whathaveyou.

EA is NOT going to fix this. Patch or game or anything. I am by NO MEANS a 2k guy and i'm not even going to get into comparisons, but this is always one of those things the 2k fans always point to when discussing differences in the types of programming. This is how EA makes games difficult. It's lazy and it basically makes the game pretty window dressing for a game that's far more predetermined and scripted than any of us really want to admit. It's like playing with action figures...

Anyways, good find on this. There's been a lot of dirty little secrets uncovered this summer and i'm pretty sure it's not going to matter come next summer when EA serves us another course of leftovers.

You're on point with that one man.

It's going to take some company, not sure who, totally revamping football programming where each individual player reacts dynamically to their key and the play. They are going to have to completely remove scripted events. Not sure if this can actually be done but that's my opinion on what the fix would be.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #75
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog88
You're on point with that one man.

It's going to take some company, not sure who, totally revamping football programming where each individual player reacts dynamically to their key and the play. They are going to have to completely remove scripted events. Not sure if this can actually be done but that's my opinion on what the fix would be.
I always figure football is a tough game to program because it's basically 5-10 seconds of chaos after the snap, but i could just believe that because EA has been thrashing around in the shallow end for 10+ years. Maybe it's just simpler and more cost effective this way? I doubt we will ever know. I gotta say, it works good enough to make a decent game, just sucks that it's more sleight of hand than artificial intellegence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Just out of curiostiy exactly how was 2ks running game more realistic?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
At this point Im sure you are just ignoring me but ill say it again...myself and many other people are having no problems whatsoever running the ball to the outside on hesiman and all american. I pick up most of my yards with outside runs. So what is the reason that you cant do the same? That is what you need to ask yourself.
You are not being ignored, our argument is NOT that it is difficult, our argument is that there is no CB in the world that knows what play the opp.QB just called in the huddle, therefore the issue with CB cheating should not exist, and that is the issue, not the difficulty of the running game.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I always figure football is a tough game to program because it's basically 5-10 seconds of chaos after the snap, but i could just believe that because EA has been thrashing around in the shallow end for 10+ years. Maybe it's just simpler and more cost effective this way? I doubt we will ever know. I gotta say, it works good enough to make a decent game, just sucks that it's more sleight of hand than artificial intellegence.
Yea it has to be hard to program. They have to calculate where to go and what to do for 22 people simultaneously. I'm with you that this is probably the easy way out. I like NCAA. Its a fun game no doubt. But it could for sure be improved especially in the "AI" department.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #79
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Just out of curiostiy exactly how was 2ks running game more realistic?
Shouldn't have even mentioned that name, this is what i figured would happen.

So we're clear: It was not. Not in the slightest. One of the arguments 2k people (see how i talk about them as a separate group of people? how i'm not including myself in that group?) made was that the game was more organic and less scripted. I haven't bought a 2k game since i owned a Dreamcast and i didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Let's not even mention that company's name again.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

cool for the sake of the thread its probably best to drop it, i was here during the 2k/madden wars i still have the scars... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »