Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think you misread that.
I think he did too
Its OK, he'll figure it out soon enough HEY DOC you have us backwards
Old 07-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Actually, it does happen every time the computer (and user) picks a cover 2 zone play and you are in the correct difficulty for it to happen. Actually try it in practice mode, and then get back to the thread. Never said the outside run is completely dead; you just better have extra lead blockers because the CB will not be blocked unless you are able to adjust for it, which is not always possible depending on the set you are in.
The CB does come through sometimes. I'm not saying you guys are completely wrong but it doesn't happen all the time. I have a high success rate running to the outside and I NEVER bring an extra blocker to the side of the field the run is going. Its gotten a little harder since I made my CPU rush defense sliders tougher but when I had it on default Heisman it was brutal. The CPU couldn't stop anything inside or outside. My WR kept the DB blocked and I always had big gains to the outside. I had a big game rushing on Alabama with Bowling Green with a lot of outside running and was impressed with the blocking when watching the replay. I had to make it tougher to run..
Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #51
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Is there some kind of point you are trying to make here? You think it is realistic for the defense to already know the play? For someone who goes on about how it isn't about how hard it is to run... which I never said, you sure do like to go on how you did so-and-so with this and so-and-so with that. Who cares? It's not relevant. The point is the computer knows your play before you've snapped the ball. That's the purpose of this thread; not whatever you think it is by going on about 200/200 games and Richardson.
A case of internet friendly fire it looks like...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Is there some kind of point you are trying to make here? You think it is realistic for the defense to already know the play? For someone who goes on about how it isn't about how hard it is to run... which I never said, you sure do like to go on how you did so-and-so with this and so-and-so with that. Who cares? It's not relevant. The point is the computer knows your play before you've snapped the ball. That's the purpose of this thread; not whatever you think it is by going on about 200/200 games and Richardson.
In my original reply to you, I was AGREEING with you Its OK, no hard feelings. The point I was making was that other people are on her saying "runnings easy" my point was "AND whats your point?" the system is broken
Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
I think he did too
I'm sorry, I read more of your posts. Just the last few I read, it sounded as if you thought there was no issue.

And to the others, of course you aren't going to see it every time in game. The computer doesn't always call a full zone defense to see the effect. It's practice where it is most glaring that the computer knows the play. In a game, the computer mixes up their defense more so you won't see it on 100% of runs.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry, I read more of your posts. Just the last few I read, it sounded as if you thought there was no issue.

And to the others, of course you aren't going to see it every time in game. The computer doesn't always call a full zone defense to see the effect. Its practice where it is most glaring that the computer knows the play. In a game, the computer mixes up their defense more so you won't see it on 100% of runs.
Its cool bro, my last few posts were trying to explain to that other guy that I do fine with my running, but thats not the point, it's still completely flawed. I will go lick my wounds from the tongue thrashing you gave me, have a good cry, and then we can be friends again
Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I think he did too
Quote:
Its cool bro, my last few posts were trying to explain to that other guy that I do fine with my running, but thats not the point, it's still completely flawed. I will go lick my wounds from the tongue thrashing you gave me, have a good cry, and then we can be friends again
Yea, the internet is not the easiest place to make a point. Miss a couple posts and nothing makes sense any more. What I'm wondering now is how long this has been in the series now? Or is this something new they inserted to actually make one level harder than another. In the real game it isn't as bad thankfully because the computer doesn't always come out in zone, but it kills the triple option for me sometimes because no matter how often I go up the middle with the fullback, I decide to send a back to the outside, poof, they know what I'm doing instead of drawing towards the FB like would happen in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #56
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the CBs have been like this for a few years now. It's is annoying/frustrating when my RB gets hawked down on a HB dive by a corner from the outside. It's absurd. I've mentioned it on here that I coach DBs before and if I ever caught my corner trying to make a play in the middle of the pile they'd never play again. Why? Play action. Play the pass, worry about the run second. It doesn't matter if it's man or zone. Their area is outside. Not making plays on runs. The only time they should ever be in the backfield is if they are on a blitz, and unlike the game likes to represent it, corners just don't blitz very often. It's very risky, especially if the QB picks up on it.

EDIT: I don't have difficulty running the ball on the game. I can usually have good success. But that doesn't make it right that the corners play like that because it's not.

Last edited by fcboiler87; 07-27-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »