Home

Need Help with my Passing Game

This is a discussion on Need Help with my Passing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need Help with my Passing Game

Hey all. So I've been having a TON of trouble passing with this game. It's less worse in dynasty or play now mode when I can actually call my plays,but in RTG, playing as a QB, I've been having some seriously frustrating times. I'm in my 5th week as a high school student as a pocket passer...and in my last game (Week 4) I threw 8 interceptions...in the first half.

Whenever I see the guy open it doesn't look like there's any defensive players in the way, but they all just seem to JUMP out of nowhere and intercept nearly everything I throw. I've started just passing to the shortest route available and working my way with 1-3 yard passes until I slowly get downfield, but the two problems with that are that if I want to be a 5 star recruit, I'll never be that, because I'll get about one or two long-ish drives in the entire game, and the second reason would be that if I do get into a sticky spot (like 3rd and long) if I try to get a 1st down pass, it gets picked off.

So does anyone have some quick tips or a guide to passing in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Need Help with my Passing Game

I would try throwing it to your team. It's hard to get recruited when you throw it to the wrong team.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
I would try throwing it to your team. It's hard to get recruited when you throw it to the wrong team.
That wise comment was greatly appreciated. You're like the coolest, smartest troll I've ever met, bro. Can anyone else help me? Is there any material online that I haven't been able to find to help me with my passing game?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan30
That wise comment was greatly appreciated. You're like the coolest, smartest troll I've ever met, bro. Can anyone else help me? Is there any material online that I haven't been able to find to help me with my passing game?
Haha, ok I deserved that. I struggle a lot too. Its nothing official, and its not the best advice you will here, but I try to run it as much as possible until I can figure out the defense's tendancy. Then I start small with my pass plays, and when I finally feel comfortable and find the best mismatches between my WR's and their CB's I start to break it open. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
Haha, ok I deserved that. I struggle a lot too. Its nothing official, and its not the best advice you will here, but I try to run it as much as possible until I can figure out the defense's tendancy. Then I start small with my pass plays, and when I finally feel comfortable and find the best mismatches between my WR's and their CB's I start to break it open. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Sorry, I kind of overreacted to that first post.

Alright, here's the thing, I'm fine in Dynasty mode. The truth is that I'm just starting to play on All American because my online league with my friends is playing with All American default sliders and I'm trying to practice my passing skills, not just for dynasty mode but in general. I'm fine in Dynasty mode when I can call my plays, because, as you said, I rush the ball all the time and only pass when I really need to (mainly 3rd and long scenarios). But 99.9% of the time those pass attempts end up being incomplete or intercepted, so I need advice for passing on All American. On Varsity I'm fine, I've got no problems with my passing game. I'm just looking for passing tips for QB Road to Glory so I can improve my passing game overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

u have to anticipate that a wr will come open and throw it....u cant wait until he is open or 95% of the time it will be too late.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

Untill the patch comes out delete your named rosters, that will fix alot of your passing issues
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

A lot of practice. You can learn your playbook better and learn your WR's tendencies. Stay away from PA as much as you can, I know its tough on RTG because you don't pick plays, but avoid it when you can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »