Home

A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

This is a discussion on A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
Rookie

shiflett's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

It depends how you look at it, to build them up to a national powerhouse you've got a much longer way to go with a MAC / Sunbelt team compared to a bottom rung SEC / Big 10 team.

You do probably have a better chance at success in your conference though as a MAC / Sunbelt team, as they're all pretty similar compared to each other, where the low rung SEC / Big 10 team is going to be up against a mich higher level of competition most weeks.

There will be a point though were the MAC/Sunbelt team is in a similar position to the lower rung SEC / Big 10 Team (assuming they get a conference invite) so it's prob quicker to start out in the SEC/ Big 10 etc.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiflett
It depends how you look at it, to build them up to a national powerhouse you've got a much longer way to go with a MAC / Sunbelt team compared to a bottom rung SEC / Big 10 team.

You do probably have a better chance at success in your conference though as a MAC / Sunbelt team, as they're all pretty similar compared to each other, where the low rung SEC / Big 10 team is going to be up against a mich higher level of competition most weeks.

There will be a point though were the MAC/Sunbelt team is in a similar position to the lower rung SEC / Big 10 Team (assuming they get a conference invite) so it's prob quicker to start out in the SEC/ Big 10 etc.
Well i play as a bottom-rung Pac-12 school in Colorado and i must say it is a helluva challenge as far as actual games go and recruiting
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
Rookie

shiflett's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Well i play as a bottom-rung Pac-12 school in Colorado and i must say it is a helluva challenge as far as actual games go and recruiting
Yeah I can imagine it's a difficult prospect, got to recruit against a whole load of very high prestige schools. Makes it all the sweeter when you can beat them to that key signing though
Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiflett
Yeah I can imagine it's a difficult prospect, got to recruit against a whole load of very high prestige schools. Makes it all the sweeter when you can beat them to that key signing though
so far that hasnt happened yet...it's a major challenge recruiting but i don't mind being that recruiting is my fav aspect of any video game
Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Win Win Win no matter what what what...and recruit well...is the BEST strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #22
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Win Win Win no matter what what what...and recruit well...is the BEST strategy.

U can say that again
Old 07-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #23
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROL Jamas
Those first two to three years are heavy on Junior College talent. Bigger schools never seem to offer them until late, and they're easily persuaded by playing time more often than not - something you'll definitely be able to offer. Don't be afraid to change some guys' positions to better suit your needs, too. For instance, I run a 3-3-5 on defense, and have recruited a ton of secondary help. However, in my 3rd year, I had moved a Juco Strong Safety to OLB, and had moved my Juco Middle Linebacker to Defensive Tackle. If you can't fill your needs through recruiting, this is another way to get talent on the field.

Find your needs and recruit Jucos early. As you start to build your team and your prestige, you can slowly wean off of them and move to wards High School kids that are 1. actually talented, and 2. want to come to your school - something nonexistent early on in the process.

Finally, play. A lot. I know some guys are more 'sim' when it comes to dynasty for realism's sake, but if you want the program to build, you're going to have to get used to playing with players that don't have a crazy amount of skill. Once you start recruiting your kind of player, playing becomes all that more rewarding once you have that talent.
MLB to DT? Yikes.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
Banned

Thats not to small. What i like doing is making a TeamBuilder school in North Dakota and 1 star it. My first year i had only 1 recruit with the green dot and he was a 1*. Make it a cupcake and what makes it very difficult is playing to the offensive style you are most unfamiler about. I'm running the option and my goal is to turn them into a powerhouse in 10years. You should put them in the MAC for like Kent State or Eastern Michigan. The funny thing is i had put #1 Oklahoma to my schedule and it improved it to C-. lol. I actually won that game with a 86yd triple option fb run for the winning TD. I PROMISE YOU, it makes dynasty so much more fun. If you don't feel like making a teambuilder team you can use mine. North Dakota Black Death. The city is Bismarck and the QB is John Tolbert, that should be enough to find the right one. Their jerseys are SICK!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »