Home

A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

This is a discussion on A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A roadmap is requested: How to build up a small school to a powerhouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins
In real life OOC games are often scheduled years in advance and are financially motivated also in real life you can't move around conferences at will but this is NCAA Football 12 where very little actually mimics real life.
That depends on who is running the dynasty. If you want it to be silly and completely unlike real like, you can move conferences 10 times and schedule nothing but creampuffs. If you're looking for it to mimic real life you most certainly can. I assumed the OP wanted to know how to build a program in a realistic manner, not taking cheesy shortcuts. If he wants to do that he may as well set the difficulty to Freshman and edit his players to 99's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #42
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
It's actually the opposite.
You think so? I've had some difficulties in the past. I see how it can go both ways though. Once you finally get big though the recruiting is a dog fight.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
MLB to DT? Yikes.
Oh yeah, it was a bad situation. However, the MLB to DT in question was a 250 pounder, and was the strongest defender I had (85 strength) to go along with a high tackle rating. As an 84 overall DT, he ended up as a Top 3 finalist for the Lombardi, recording 11.5 sacks in his one year of work before graduation.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Keep in mind how important your team selection is.. Playing as a team like North Texas is really difficult because your pipeline states are Texas and Oklahoma (I think) and recruiting from your pipelines is pretty damn hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
It's actually the opposite.
Uh, yea. It's the opposite. At least at first.

Texas is the most loaded state when it comes to recruiting. Tons of programs have Texas as a pipeline...because tons of schools can get recruits out of here. You have the advantage over a handful of them because of Proximity to Home (for the out of state recruiters).

At first, you're going to be spending the majority of your recruiting hours on 2 and 3 star players, and while the Big 12 schools might recruit these players some...they're not going to invest nearly as much effort as you. You'll get plenty of recruits.

The problem will come when you're starting to become a power. Once you're starting to seriously look at getting the 4 and 5 stars, now you'll have serious recruiting competition. But the fact of the matter is, you'll have that recruiting competition for those guys no matter what state your in.

Being in Texas means you're guaranteed to have some of the top prospects in-state, which is nice for the proximity to home bonus.

The biggest challenge with North Texas will be moving into the Big 12 and contending in a league despite having lesser players for a few years, because it will take your recruiting a few years to catch up to even the mid level programs in this conference.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #45
Banned

QuackAttack88's Arena

OVR: 8

Always remember when playing with a "bad or small" school, your gonna lose, do not get mad (get glad), and just move on week to week and do not dwell on the lose of weeks past. If somethings happens that pisses you off like throwing a pick or fumbling the ball away, just laugh at how bad your players are or how bad the team is, it worked for the first few seasons for my Eastern Michigan Dynasty before I had "my" players playing. Sometimes you will throw the ball to player X in the flats and the QB throws it to 3rd row of the stands just laugh it off (its a game).

Anytime I even get a commitment with my Eastern Michigan Dynasty I thank the heavens and think at the same time why in the world he would wanna play at Eastern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #46
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Currently I am playing in a 4 team dynasty and we are as follows: Arkansas St North Texas New Mexico and Army (me) We play on heisman with heisman recruiting and let me tell you, its hard. Its fun though, lost a few heart breakers though. Recruiting isn't so hot. I am an OC. Its challenging when you cant control your defense. Thinking about taking another offer to move up to a higher prestige if offered or keep building. I always start with trying to recruit for defense though. A decen DB a decent LB and lots of big lineman. Then I move to offense and look for a tall fast WR and a big bruising HB.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #47
Rookie

TFitz11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles931
I think ima go ahead and go with Baylor for my season. They arent disguestingly bad and i have a nice scrambling quarterback to look forward to using
Funny reading back on old posts and that "nice scrambling quarterback" turned out to be the Heisman Trophy winner lol
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #48
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Nevada should be a viable option. With them in the MWC, it will be challenging going up against BSU and AFA. But keep in mind you have Cali as a HUGE pipeline, and the Vegas area. Also, don't be afraid to make a recruit or two with the Reno hometown. Also, Nevada's base stats are pretty good compared to most lower schools, 80's and a 3 star recruiting base. Starting with Nevada is what I always do, but it's definitely less of a challenge compared to other teams. Message me or reply if you wanna know anything else on Nevada, I'd be glad to help.
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »