Home

15 minute quarters.......

This is a discussion on 15 minute quarters....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: 15 minute quarters.......

The stats would be like 50-109 567 yds 9TD 15 INT. Couldn't put up with the game that long...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #26
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

OVR: 0

I have always played 15 minute quarters.

I run triple option/ball control offense ( I play in the MAC) and time of possession is essential to my strategy and fun of trying to win.

Since so many teams run up tempo it is fun to try to outlast them with less talent by running out the clock with 16 play drives taking 8 minutes off the clock.

If I play a team that runs a traditional offense I run off a few minutes of time by switching teams and removing play clock....then I run off 3 minutes or so with the CPU team to balance out the time of possession and to get the total plays in a more realistic clip. I usually do this in the first or second quarter after they have a long drive (I try to account for true play clock time - sometimes will do this in 3rd/4th quarter when they dominate on a 10 play drive that should take off a few more minutes than NCAA takes off).

Most of my games come in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. I only play a few games a week but I make them count!

I have been doing this for years. I have no idea why NCAA didn't implement the accelerated clock feature and give each coach a play clock setting. Oregon would be set at 30 seconds, No Huddle Teams at 25 seconds, Ball control team at 10 seconds, Average team at 15 seconds etc.....

Every year I sent this wishlist in. In fact if I were designing a football game now I would completely rework how the play clock/play selection was implemented. There is so much that goes into this including substitutions, end of game scenarios and significant strategy that are completely lost in EA games.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #27
Rookie

I'm an 8 minute quarter guy myself going all the the way back to NCAA Football '09, although in '09 I dropped it down to 4 minutes since I was accruing unrealistic scores and statistics. 8 minutes is a happy medium for me so far in '14 and my stats seem close to realistic except time of position. I typically control the ball 75% of the time (I rely primarily on the run) while the CPU will just pass and pass like crazy.

I couldn't imagine doing 15 quarters in dynasty especially against a team like Alabama who blew me out as Georgia State 67 - 3 in 8 minute quarters.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

8-9 is good
Old 09-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #29
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboyusn
I wanna know how many people out there actually play 15 minute quarters. If so, how long does it take and what does the score look like. Im a 5 minute quarter guy myself, i just think that is way to long to sit there and play one game when i can get probably 3 out of the way in that time period. Your thoughts???

If you could get the right # of plays I would use 15 minute qtrs. Ive been using 1t in Madden with 12 sec runoff, but in ncaa it would be impossible to get right # of plays.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

I use 8 minute quarters.

Last year, I briefly used 15 minute quarters in an offline, cpu vs. cpu dynasty with Purdue, and while stats weren't realistic at all, our game against Ohio State came out pretty accurately as far as the final score went, lol. Ohio State with 60-something, and Purdue with 10.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #31
Pro

I use 12 minute quarters and I play coach mode... I got some very accurate numbers as far as the amount of plays both teams have. With a lot of the profile edits and slider edits, I have got realistic completion percentages for quarterbacks.. Some may say it takes too long but I really feel like playing in coach mode, there is a chess match
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
Rookie

Just played a 15 min quarter game as Texas took over 4 hours score was Texas 173 TCU 96 both QBs threw for 1250 yards 9+TDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »