Home

How will the high player progression effect Madden 12 draft classes?

This is a discussion on How will the high player progression effect Madden 12 draft classes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
How will the high player progression effect Madden 12 draft classes?

This is by FAR my biggest concern in the entire fiasco of player progression and coach prestige. In previous years, the draft classes would always come in to low with the 99ovr record setting QB's drafted in the 6-7th rd with 60-40ovrs. The madden team has promoted that they adressed this problem and that more "prototypical" nfl players will come in with the low 80's and and high 70's overall's. The only problem is the NCAA team screwed up progression to the point where i had 27 99ovr players with 13 of them being QB's. I am very nervous with the fact that this could very well destroy a madden franchise when you import draft classes. I can't become devoted to a dynasty just because the progression is to high. Does anyone know any further details and whats your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: How will the high player progression effect Madden 12 draft classes?

This is a concern of mine to. The reason the QB came into Madden rated so poorly was because NCAA Football doesn't have the in-depth passing ratings that Madden has (short yard accuracy, long range accuracy)

The concern is a bit less this year because you can edit ratings inside the franchise.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Hopefully a patch will fix this issue.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
This is by FAR my biggest concern in the entire fiasco of player progression and coach prestige. In previous years, the draft classes would always come in to low with the 99ovr record setting QB's drafted in the 6-7th rd with 60-40ovrs. The madden team has promoted that they adressed this problem and that more "prototypical" nfl players will come in with the low 80's and and high 70's overall's. The only problem is the NCAA team screwed up progression to the point where i had 27 99ovr players with 13 of them being QB's. I am very nervous with the fact that this could very well destroy a madden franchise when you import draft classes. I can't become devoted to a dynasty just because the progression is to high. Does anyone know any further details and whats your thoughts?
My best advice is to wait until the patch is out, and then restart your dynasty. Yes, I understand this sucks, as I am 4 years into my dynasty, and the thought of deleting maybe 100 hours of work makes my stomach turn, but the alternative is to ruin your Madden experience this year with unrealistic draft classes. Its your choice what you want to do, as for me, I am going to bite the bullet, and probably enjoy the game much more after the patch anyway.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
My best advice is to wait until the patch is out, and then restart your dynasty. Yes, I understand this sucks, as I am 4 years into my dynasty, and the thought of deleting maybe 100 hours of work makes my stomach turn, but the alternative is to ruin your Madden experience this year with unrealistic draft classes. Its your choice what you want to do, as for me, I am going to bite the bullet, and probably enjoy the game much more after the patch anyway.
but the thing is when is the patch coming out? there is not date and for all we know it could be the day before madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
but the thing is when is the patch coming out? there is not date and for all we know it could be the day before madden
I will give my honest opinion, it will be in a week or two, but thats fine, I fully expect Madden to need a patch before it is fully playable. I'm not being pessimistic i'm just saying, theres a good chance of it. But thats OK it will give me plenty of time to play NCAA 12 the way it SHOULD be, I just deleted my dynasty and import draft's to Madden so I am looking forward to the patch.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
I will give my honest opinion, it will be in a week or two, but thats fine, I fully expect Madden to need a patch before it is fully playable. I'm not being pessimistic i'm just saying, theres a good chance of it. But thats OK it will give me plenty of time to play NCAA 12 the way it SHOULD be, I just deleted my dynasty and import draft's to Madden so I am looking forward to the patch.
Yea, but EA never adressed this or said anything about it. They said they will fix a few things already but this wasn't anything they mentioned. There is no guarentee they will even adress this.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Yea, but EA never adressed this or said anything about it. They said they will fix a few things already but this wasn't anything they mentioned. There is no guarentee they will even adress this.
They haven't said much of anything really, I remember hearing something about it.
Either way, there are ways around it you can either
1) Edit them before importing to draft.
2) I have been thinking to myself, "Sure there are LOTS of great players in the NCAA, but how many of them actually become great players in the NFL?" You can edit rosters in Madden this years also. If too many 99's are coming into Madden with high potential......just edit it to your liking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »