Home

Things I miss from past NCAA titles

This is a discussion on Things I miss from past NCAA titles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Things I miss from past NCAA titles

1) FCS Teams
2) Historical Teams (plus the throwback jerseys that went along with some of them)
3) Stat overlays (there weren't a ton of them in the old NCAA's, but more than there is today)

That's pretty much it, actually. The old games are *not* as overwhelmingly great as they are made out to be, it's just nostalgia. But they do have some things in them that the newer games should have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Multiple camera angles, I really liked the zoom camera angle as it gave a great view of the stadium and really increased the immersion. Also, Sports Illustrated covers.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

The top things I miss from the past:

1) Everything regarding presentation from the PS2/XBOX generation. This includes stat overlays, Heisman Trophy presentation, Athlon/ESPN The Magazine covers in Dynasty menus, ESPN pregame with Kirk and Lee, etc. It felt much more "authentic."

2) FCS teams. This is minor to me, but it was at least there.

3) Bowl Playoff Mode. This is from way back in NCAA 2001, but it was an interesting option to play around with. You had a 32-team playoff seeded by BCS rankings, with the top eight teams getting a first-week bye. The semifinals and finals were the BCS games.

4) Program discipline and reputation. It could be a pain at times, but the idea that you had to manage your program and at times decide between on the field and off the field success was interesting.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #28
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

If I had ncaa 07 on the ps2 with the graphics we have now, the running system we have now, and the momentum system that was in 07..along with every mode that was in 07 I would be so happy. Sucks that we have a stripped down game. Bad life decisions were made by EA when they didnt just port the game over.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #29
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
All I miss is the spring practice game during the offseason. All that other stuff I don't miss at all, and i'd be livid if that suspension **** gets put back into the game. It was broken then and recruiting character guys were useless as they would get suspended the most. Lame.

sent from parts unknown
Old 07-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

I miss Lee Corso, we need someone that's at least entertaining in the booth. Kirk and Brad are about as boring as a doorknob. The pre-game picks with the mascot heads. Why is it that on PS2 they could show the commentators and the pre game show, but seem to have an inability to do it on PS3/360? I definitely miss player suspensions, the NCAA needs to back off and realize these things happen, and keeping it out of a video game doesn't help anything.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #31
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Ummm I MISS the generic titled blue-gray senior bowl game at the end of the season. It was fun to me to play with the top players on the game that you otherwise would've never get to see play or use.

I dont see any reason why this is not still included in this game, other than EA being too stubborn to re add it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #32
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
I dont miss player suspensions at all...while it may be realistic in a way it takes away from it actually being a game experience...injuries are the only thing that really need to happen outside of ur control. No one wants to deal with random suspensions of like 2-3 players before a big game...
That's why you had the option to turn off suspensions. This is by far the biggest feature that I miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »