Home

Vote now: What should be patched????

This is a discussion on Vote now: What should be patched???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which needs to be addressed? (you can choose more than 1)
Super Linebackers 268 59.29%
Special Teams - Super CPU FG's, plus more variety on punt returns 123 27.21%
Atmosphere stinks - louder, better crowd reactions 223 49.34%
Graphics Update (particularly on PS3) 100 22.12%
Custom sounds dont plan consistently 52 11.50%
Roster Glitch 312 69.03%
Pass Coverage Too Tight (Especially man coverage) 141 31.19%
Run Game Too Easy 65 14.38%
Game freezing 213 47.12%
Other 88 19.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2011, 04:44 AM   #57
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Vote now: What should be patched???? (you can select more than 1)

The big one besides the obvious roster glitch to me is some of the progression issues. Too many QB's jumping 18 points in awareness and every player seems to gain +1 in speed. I honestly could deal with the awareness issue if they would stop every player gaining +1 in speed and +3 in acceleration every year. By the time players are seniors they are all 90+ overalls with 90+ awareness, 90+ speed, and 90+ acceleration.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #58
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Vote now: What should be patched????

I've been playing this game for a while now (have a year 5 dynasty) without any incident of freezing whatsoever. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know.. My issues would be with roster glitch, lame atmosphere which I'm really upset about because I was looking forward to that alot, the super linebackers, recruits and overall progression of players. Throw in the special teams too. Now that I've listed everything out I have concluded that EA sold us all an unfinished product. This is major BS
Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #59
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Nope! You still get 205lb LBers, 250lb DT's, etc., etc. and you cant do jack about it! "Full dynasty editing" was BS.
Can you edit the positions and ratings of those players? Say you have a 205lb LBer, can you edit his position to safety and change around his ratings to make his pass coverage skills up to par for what a safety's should be and not a LBers?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 5

Fix the WRs getting beamed in the head and pads by a pass, please leave coverage alone, i thinks its just fine, people just need to learn to get better at passing. Thode WRs dropping passes is sickening
Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #61
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

lets not forget the sound issue and crowd noise and reaction in the game....the sound is terrible , no big hit sounds , the bands are low, cheering is low...and fix our 200 playlist slots on the 360...also player reaction......

Last edited by blkprince04; 07-30-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxnw
Here are mine:

1) User QB's throwing to the wrong reciever, or directly to the defender (even good accuracy QB's do this to me).
This one is annoying the hell out of me more so on CPU controlled QB's. He throws RIGHT to opposing db's. I've only had this happen once on User play...

Quote:
2) User DB's not covering receivers in Man-coverage. At all. Ever. I only recruit DB's with high Press and Man coverage ratings.
AMEN!! I can't tell you how many times, i've got man coverage (even with a fall back pre-snap call) with no CB blitz... and the DB's simply will not even try to stay with receivers at times. I've been lucky in regards to bad QB opposition I guess.

Quote:
3) CPU blockers being All-Universe good. Linemen, Backs, TE/Recievers. All block like Walter Jones (example: Playing as Troy, using the DE who was rated at 93, going against a CPU RT who was rated at 73. The RT dominated my DE. Flat out shut him down on every play).
I'm not sure if this is the DE "bug" or the CPU-blockers... But i've had the same issue with higher level lineman just NEVER getting through the line. Moreso with DE's, but it's happened with some of my DT's as well

Quote:
5) Your CPU counterpart (as a OC/DC) has no clock management skills at all. They will not use their T.O.'s in the two minute drill on defense. They will not use T.O.'s to ice the kicker.
I prefer to play as the DC, but I've never noticed this as an issue with the CPU OC. But I can't say the other way around.

Quote:
6) Receivers having no situational awareness. Defenders will go get the ball, the receivers will always wait for the ball to come to them. This leads to many picks. Receivers will not try to break up INT's or show any awareness of defenders whatsoever.
This is one of those where the ingame slider is absolutely VITAL (the option for your receivers to come back to the QB vs. just go deep after the route (it's embarrassing seeing yourself get ready for a hook pattern throw only to see the WR then just take off deep after his cut back.)

Quote:
7) Receivers ignoring the ball when thrown to them. I just love watching passes hit receivers in the helmet or pads and they act like the ball was never thrown.
THIS!!! GOOD GOD these two are killing my offenses... Those and the fact that the Corner's are always super-psychic apparently The Super LB'ers don't seem to be a problem anymore with the slider adjusts, but the Corners psychic abilities are killing me

Quote:
8) CPU defenders awareness vs User derfenders awareness. When you throw to a receiver, or run the ball, the entire CPU defense will flock to the ball as soon as you throw it or hand the ball off. Your defense? They will continue to try cover their receivers AFTER the ball is thrown to and caught by a different receiver. Same with the run, They will try to cover their guys well after the handoff. This leads to routine long plays against your Defense by the CPU.
This one I saw, but after I changed the "in-game" strategy, this one hasn't seemed to have been a problem. I forget which one I changed (I think long zone vs. short zone.. I ALWAYS play to make sure I don't get beat deep, and it seems to have resolved this issue).

I'm going to go with the basics...

1) I am really disappointed in the atmosphere they gave the college game. It's really way too "toned down" for my liking. (add in the horrendousness of the broadcast crew...)

2 (and would probably be Number one on my list)) And I really miss the "touch pass" option... where the hell did that go? Especially when you've got a wide open receiver in the flats, and the QB just decides "LOB BALL" every time..

3) As for Special teams... I've come close to breaking a couple of returns, but something on it just still feels wrong... but I definitely agree about CPU FG kickers... my first (deleted) dynasty had at least 8 different kickers with successful FG's of 57 or longer yards..

4) DE's getting "owned" by average to horrible Tackles... (this would be #2 on my list.) I always like playing DE, but when I'm getting pancaked by a 70 to 78 RT Repeatedly, I'm not a happy person. When i view levels and EVERY one of my DL's are higher than the CPU's on the field, and I'm getting thrown around... something's an issue.

Last edited by DaSaintFan; 07-30-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 0

The Roster glitch...but even more so it super linebackers. Super LBs are pretty much a game killer for me. Even with the CPU pass D set to 0,they are ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

Give us a FULL player editor so we can match players size and weights with their skills. Im really tired of seeing 5-11 190pnd POWER backs and 6-2 220 pound SPEED backs!

Please do something about cpu play calling on both offense and defense. Please do something about psychic cpu playcalling and reaction.

Please improve generated recruits all togethor, there is a lack of variety among the top players. There are no prototype QBs taht come out. every QB is 6-0 for some reason. There are no freak athlete players at the QB position

Can we get the rest of the power running play book, the west coast playbook, etc. (Near/far formations, More full house formations, Power T formations, etc)

Last edited by feeq14; 07-30-2011 at 11:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »