Home

Late CPU clock management is still flawed

This is a discussion on Late CPU clock management is still flawed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Late CPU clock management is still flawed

CPU A.I. and clock management will hopefully get some tuning...

• Trailing late in a tight game, the cpu runs down the clock when it is punting as if it was leading.
  • cpu calling a timeout in order to punt.
  • cpu does not use its timeouts when you have driven into field goal range late in a tie game not giving itself any chance to get the ball back.
  • Bad use of timeouts when not necessary as mentioned in previous posts.
  • Going for two too early in the game costing the cpu team precious points.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

OK, a different twist, not really a flaw in the game, just odd ...

CPU gets the ball in the final 30 seconds or so of the first half, about 70 yards away from paydirt. The CPU runs the ball on first down, but runs hurry-up. I'm thinking, "WTF! This is more of EA's hurry-up offense gone horribly awry." Expecting the CPU to either run the ball again or let the clock run out after hurrying to the line, I'm shocked to give up a deep ball for a touchdown on the final play of the half. Now I'm down 21-7 and I never recovered from that late blow.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had a few instances when the CPU keeps running the ball when down but the CPU stops with about 2 minutes left and starts to chunk it deep. I don't know if anyone else has seen this buts its happened to me at least twice now and its not really hurting me but I would like a little more of a challenge.

Also I would like to see them fix the timeout calling the coaches make when you have the lead and kneel down. I can understand if they are only down by a field goal but if I'm up say 31-10 the coach will still call a timeout with even just 30 seconds left. I would really like to see that fixed.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

What up Dawg! Must be a trend. OU did that to me just the other day in a play now game.

They were on their own five yard line with about 20 seconds to go, run a running play, go into no huddle.... Jones hits Broyles on a 90 plus yard pass with no time left in the half. I was just stunned, like WTF just happened here?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #21
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
OK, a different twist, not really a flaw in the game, just odd ...

CPU gets the ball in the final 30 seconds or so of the first half, about 70 yards away from paydirt. The CPU runs the ball on first down, but runs hurry-up. I'm thinking, "WTF! This is more of EA's hurry-up offense gone horribly awry." Expecting the CPU to either run the ball again or let the clock run out after hurrying to the line, I'm shocked to give up a deep ball for a touchdown on the final play of the half. Now I'm down 21-7 and I never recovered from that late blow.
BDizzle, an easy way to solve this problem would be to start up a dynasty report on your Michigan dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »