Home

Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player

This is a discussion on Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #33
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
i was mixing up my coverages. it wasnt just 3 wide, it was every play that he had that was successful that gained pretty much 5 to 7 yds, or was a play where he had a guy open and missed him he would go no huddle and try to see if it worked. im not whining honestly its a video game and didnt intend for this much uproar. i just feel like thats unrealistic in many ways. no coach in the history of football that is successful does this and honestly even if you could find some they are in a vast minority. im done with the situation, as far as im concerned it was cheese and if the mods wanna lock this thread so be it.
Tom Osborne and Nebraska say hi.

Triple Option Right, Triple Option Left, wash, rinse, repeat.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Two things that would massively improve online play (and sorry if they are in 12 but I haven't touched online since madden 10):

1) Surrender/offer surrender. If I'm 30 pts up/down with 5 minutes remaining, I really don't care about the game any more. Even when I found a decent opponent who took the hint when I only called QB knee's and did the same to finish the game as soon as possible, it's still a waste of time.

2) After every game, you have the option of choosing:
a) I would like to play this player again.
b) I would not like to play this player again.
And then you can use some pretty simple math to match opponents who want to play each other.

In answer to the OP, I would say its not cheese, but I wouldn't want to play this guy either.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
2) After every game, you have the option of choosing:
a) I would like to play this player again.
b) I would not like to play this player again.
And then you can use some pretty simple math to match opponents who want to play each other.
I don't know about PSN... but this feature is built in to XBL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 20

What I think is "sim" is putting together a gameplan and trying to execute it. If I only know five plays, but feel I can execute those five plays well enough to win the game, I don't where I've crossed some imaginary "sim" line.

My custom playbook has something like 70 plays in it, only our formations: I, split gun dual HB, 5-wide trips bunch, and SG Normal. It's a sort of hybrid three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust mixed with the hurry-up spread.

It's varied, it's confusing, and it's dangerous. And I don't need to call many plays for it to be effective. Why would a coach open up his playbook for the sake "sim"? Sim of what? Being Nick Saban? Nick Saban is a flippin' millionaire. I'm fixin to "sim" a 55-0 Michigan Wolverines beatdown, not appease my opponent's desire that my playcalls and gameplan be entertaining to him.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Im so tired of reading the word sim. Dont BS me and we can be cool. Its as simple as that. Running a no huddle and whooping my *** with it does not count as un-sim.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
What I think is "sim" is putting together a gameplan and trying to execute it. If I only know five plays, but feel I can execute those five plays well enough to win the game, I don't where I've crossed some imaginary "sim" line.

My custom playbook has something like 70 plays in it, only our formations: I, split gun dual HB, 5-wide trips bunch, and SG Normal. It's a sort of hybrid three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust mixed with the hurry-up spread.

It's varied, it's confusing, and it's dangerous. And I don't need to call many plays for it to be effective. Why would a coach open up his playbook for the sake "sim"? Sim of what? Being Nick Saban? Nick Saban is a flippin' millionaire. I'm fixin to "sim" a 55-0 Michigan Wolverines beatdown, not appease my opponent's desire that my playcalls and gameplan be entertaining to him.
I certainly agree with the sentiment, and from what you've said I would enjoy playing a game against you. What I DO NOT enjoy is playing someone who's play calling is so narrow that I basically know they're gameplan after the first quarter. Whether they only call cheese and are thrashing me, or are only calling crap and losing heavily to me, I find it boring.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
What I DO NOT enjoy is playing someone who's play calling is so narrow that I basically know they're gameplan after the first quarter.
You know, counter-left, counter-right, toss-right, toss-left might be unbearably boring, but that doesn't make any less of a viable strategy, that's all I'm saying. And as a viable strategy, you should still be bringing your A-game. If what you say is true, and you really had him under locks, that means it's time to get that 4-1 TOP advantage and earn a shutout. That becomes the new challenge.

Right off the bat you're talking about putting Chew Clock on, and that can get tricky. Delay of games creep up fast, before you know it you're flustered and giving the ball back. Maybe you turn it over.

Whatever. Just saying, I think of a lot of it's relative. The "football stuff" (penalties, turnovers, field position, etc.) is what keeps it interesting. How many times have you said "oh, this is so lame, 34-0, yawn ..." only to see your opponent score the next three TDs? It's happened to me 100 times. So now I'm strictly about business. If I'm boring, hey, they said the same thing about the 2004 Pistons, who promptly "bored" the LA Lakers to death. You're not going to score on me. You're going to hate it when I have the ball.

What else is there in football?

*shrug*

Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Tom Osborne and Nebraska say hi.

Triple Option Right, Triple Option Left, wash, rinse, repeat.
You're confusing Tom Osborne with Frank Solich. Unlike Solich, who ran the aforementioned offense, Osborne actually knew how to use his halfbacks and wingbacks.

Back on topic, I'm sensing a lot of nitpicking. Seems like you're both done with one another, so move on. I run no-huddle on guys online all the time, because if they come out in a wrong set, I want to abuse it. It's not cheese - it's your job to stop me, it's not my job to stop what I'm doing for the sake of the art of 'simulation'. Hell, football is ALL about scheming better than the other guy. Online, I tend not to even leave the same formation all game, just to disguise what I'm doing until the ball is snapped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »