Home

How do you Pick your Starters?

This is a discussion on How do you Pick your Starters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do you Pick your Starters?

I tend to base my starter on who i play better with in game, but i always start the guy with the most experience to start off the season
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "
Old 07-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Depends on the position.

QB, almost always go with whoever has the best accuracy. If it's close, I'll take mobility attributes into account also.

DE, I like to go with size. Bigger DEs seem to play better for me, and the LE always makes more plays than the RE, so I line up my best/biggest DE at LE.

Safeties/LBs, I like Play Recognition, Awareness, and Speed.

And I'll generally go with the older guy over the younger guy if it's close, sort of to reward them for paying their dues. I know that's a little silly, but I start to develop a loyalty to players after awhile. That's why its always hard for me to leave for a different job too.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played a dynasty with TCU, and faced almost the exact same problem.

I played the younger guy, because he had more acc, speed, and better accuracy. I play all my games, and enjoy having the dual threat.

Its all personal choice.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
For me, it's if they fit with my philosophy.

I am a run first guy, which means I would want a scrambler (hence why I chose to start Jeff Driskell over Brantley), a speed back, and receivers that can catch the ball if they have to. Never do it by overall, and try to have a two headed attack.

Ex: I have Jeff Demps out for the year. I use two RB's to fill his void, and so far it's done well.
In Run-heavy offenses, I find it's best for the starter to be more of a power back with high toughness and injury ratings. In a run-heavy offense, you're running so often that the back up is getting plenty of touches anyway, and I like my back up to be the speed guy who can break off a big one after the big bruiser has worn down the defense a bit.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #21
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

For QB I go by accuracy. Pirelli said it best "power is nothing without control (or accuracy in this case)"

I like my HBs to be fast so i look at speed.

I like the guys with the best route running and catching attribute starting for me. In my current dynasty with Yale, my 2nd string QB is the third best receiver on my team. I got him lined up as my slot receiver.
* same go for my tightends

On defense I look at many ratings as I only contol my D-Line so I need some decent players being CPU-controlled.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

Okay I have an issue at starting FS. I have a 79 overall with 40 awareness, 77 play recognition, 91 zone coverage and 89 man coverage. Then I have a 74 overall with 72 awareness, 80 play recognition, 77 zone coverage and 77 man coverage. Who should I start? Is his awareness going to completely ruin him? Because his zone coverage is much better than the lesser overall guy's.

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

I usually will go with whoever has the best overall.
If it is close then i look at individual attributes.
With a QB I will look at speed, Throwing power, and Throwing accuracy.
If it is still close after that, I will go with the younger player.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2k12
Okay I have an issue at starting FS. I have a 79 overall with 40 awareness, 77 play recognition, 91 zone coverage and 89 man coverage. Then I have a 74 overall with 72 awareness, 80 play recognition, 77 zone coverage and 77 man coverage. Who should I start? Is his awareness going to completely ruin him? Because his zone coverage is much better than the lesser overall guy's.
Well.. for me, my FS usually plays a zone so I would start the 79. The Awareness will increase quickly throughout the season if he does well. But what years are the two players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »