Home

Getting upset by crappy teams

This is a discussion on Getting upset by crappy teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Getting upset by crappy teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I seen plenty of this with this NCAA, I'm not complaining to much because it keeps it real instead of winning a National Championship ever season. But what I have noticed that has happened to me lately are onside kicks. I had one game I was up by two touchdowns and the other team did an onside kick and recovered both of them back to back. In a later game it did the same thing. Here how it happens, I chose onside recover for play, took control of a player that I have always done since like the beginning of time. My player touches the ball, but cannot recover. Now I can see this happening sometimes, but now like seven times in row, which is the current streak I am on now. UNREAL!!!
Yeah, youre right, it does it keep it real and keeps you from going undefeated every single year so i guess i really shouldnt be complaining because that does happen in real life.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 07-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

In case you didnt want to read the link someone else just posted, heres some from the last 5 years alone... Dont wanna say it happens all the time, but you could say it happens every year...

James Madison Over Virginia Tech (2010)
Jacksonville State Over Ole Miss (2010)
Washington Over USC (2009)
Utah Over Alabama (2008)
Appalachian State Over Michigan (2007)
East Carolina Over Boise State (2007)
Boise State Over Oklahoma (2006)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wouldn't call 2008 Utah and 2006 Boise State crappy teams. His argument was losing to crappy teams, not undefeated teams in BCS games. the ECU win over Boise was a bowl game, so really not a crappy team, App State that year went on to win the FCS title game. The only real bad ones were James Madison and Jacksonville state, even washington that year beat another ranked team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is EA's way of having the spoilers just like in real football. You can have games that just are not consistent, even one half is not as consistent as another. After a decade, I finally had to give in and chalk it up to teams getting up for a big game or my guys being over confident.

I just used to get so mad cuz I knew my team was 10X better than the crappy cpu team but no matter what I did, I lost.

You either give up or give into sometimes things are not gonna go your way.

On one hand it should not be this way because there is no let down or over confidence cuz it is a game with numbers, not feelings. On the other hand this is EA's only way to include upsets.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I seen plenty of this with this NCAA, I'm not complaining to much because it keeps it real instead of winning a National Championship ever season. But what I have noticed that has happened to me lately are onside kicks. I had one game I was up by two touchdowns and the other team did an onside kick and recovered both of them back to back. In a later game it did the same thing. Here how it happens, I chose onside recover for play, took control of a player that I have always done since like the beginning of time. My player touches the ball, but cannot recover. Now I can see this happening sometimes, but now like seven times in row, which is the current streak I am on now. UNREAL!!!
The CPU is ridiculous good at recovering onside kicks. I think they are probably 4 of 5 against me.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Illinois almost beat me yesterday (I was Wisconsin).

I pick 6'd Scheelhaase with 1:30 left to go up by 10 points, they ended up tying the game (quick TD, then they recovered the onside), then I hit Jared Abrederris for a 66 yard TD with 0:00 left to win the game.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
Rookie

PurplePitchers's Arena

OVR: 1

I've done this to the CPU. I was on a Dynasty with Duke and I only simmed the games cause I was focused on recruting. So some how I simmed a game against Miami who was 8-0 and won the title last year came to our stadium. Well we destroyed them 56-7 and I was like WTF. Then I got the 3rd best WR in the recruting class that week and next year we got to the poinsetta bowl with a 7-5 record. The WR was good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highllamas
I wouldn't call 2008 Utah and 2006 Boise State crappy teams. His argument was losing to crappy teams, not undefeated teams in BCS games. the ECU win over Boise was a bowl game, so really not a crappy team, App State that year went on to win the FCS title game. The only real bad ones were James Madison and Jacksonville state, even washington that year beat another ranked team.
Although App St was FCS champs that was a monumental upset beating Michigan on the road. Just ask UM fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »