Home

Fullback recruits - #-star

This is a discussion on Fullback recruits - #-star within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Fullback recruits - #-star

So, I know that for the past few weeks (basically since the game released) people have been complaining that there aren't any good fullbacks to recruit.

Now, my advice has always been to look at undersized TE, oversized Power HB, and double check all the Athletes, however...

Yesterday I went to start up another new dynasty, and I figured, hrm... what if I CREATE a fullback prospect?

I tried modeling him a bit after Peyton Hillis, who was an excellent FB here at Arkansas and is now destroying teams playing as HB for the Browns. Anyway, after it was all said and done, he was a 73 overall. I expected him to be about a 3-star prospect (I was playing as Memphis and didn't want to make a 4 or 5 star guy I'd have basically no chance at).

When I advance into the preseason and started looking for him to add to my recruiting board... he was only a 1-star prospect.

A 73 fullback only a 1-star prospect? I mean, playing as Memphis, if I were to sign a 73 freshman fullback, first off, he'd be starting because I only have one other FB and he's a 57 or something. Moreover... if I were to convert this 73 fullback to a HB, he'd probably be 3rd on my depth chart... as a Freshman.

As a freshman.

He'd definitely be one of the best players on my team as a freshman. And he's going to progress... I fully expected that a 73 fullback should be pushing around 90 as a senior (especially given he'd be starting all 4 years if he signed with me).

Now, I realize that Memphis is a 1-star prestige program and ultimately pretty bad... but a 73 FB recruit as a 1-star says a few things...

First: Memphis' starting roster is made of 1-star, 0-star, and walk-on players. And of those players, they tended to not progress very much... at all...

Second: Assuming each star is given a 5 OVR point window, and 70-74 is for 1-stars (at least for Fullback), am I to assume the following:

70-74 = 1-star
75-79 = 2-star
80-84 = 3-star
85-89 = 4-star
90-94 = 5-star?

Now granted, I don't think I've ever seen a 5-star fullback recruit in real life... but still... I mean, what gives? Are the other positions held to this standard as well? Are 5-stars coming in as 90+ as freshmen? Are 1-stars coming in as a 73 (and then progressing 20 OVR points to be 90+ as seniors?)

Or is this just something wacky happening with FBs.

If anyone has any info on FBs specifically, I'd appreciate it... otherwise, I'll end up doing my own research and posting it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fullback recruits - #-star

I'm not surprised by this. There are rarely FB recruits more than 2 starts. That's not to say they won't be talented. The recruiting class I'm working with now has 69 FBs - no three-stars and only 3 two-stars. However, the two-star guys are rated 82, 80 and 74 (thanks PocketScout!). The one star guys top out in the mid-70s, but bottom out at 35.

From what I've seen so far, the average skill level for each star level is as follows:

1: 54-56
2: 60-62
3:65-67
4:72-73
5: 77-78

With the glut of 1 and 2 star recruits, the overall average of recruits is about 63.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmm666
I'm not surprised by this. There are rarely FB recruits more than 2 starts. That's not to say they won't be talented. The recruiting class I'm working with now has 69 FBs - no three-stars and only 3 two-stars. However, the two-star guys are rated 82, 80 and 74 (thanks PocketScout!). The one star guys top out in the mid-70s, but bottom out at 35.

From what I've seen so far, the average skill level for each star level is as follows:

1: 54-56
2: 60-62
3:65-67
4:72-73
5: 77-78

With the glut of 1 and 2 star recruits, the overall average of recruits is about 63.
how did you figure out those full backs ratings?
Old 07-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
how did you figure out those full backs ratings?
I'm in an OD, so I downloaded the recruits spreadsheet and processed with PocketScout's program. His program works for offline Xbox360 dynasties too.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmm666
I'm in an OD, so I downloaded the recruits spreadsheet and processed with PocketScout's program. His program works for offline Xbox360 dynasties too.
oh alright thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

Now granted, I don't think I've ever seen a 5-star fullback recruit in real life... but still... I mean, what gives? Are the other positions held to this standard as well? Are 5-stars coming in as 90+ as freshmen? Are 1-stars coming in as a 73 (and then progressing 20 OVR points to be 90+ as seniors?)

Or is this just something wacky happening with FBs.

Not every position is held to this standard so i think its just something wacky with FBs and them not being very good. Good find though, i wouldve thought he wouldve been a 3 star too. Just for kicks, last year i created a FB who was a 3 star and came in at 86.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

FB, K, and P often seem to come in with a higher overall than their star rating would lead you to expect
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The star rating system adjusts for position value. The FBs available are rated no differently than any other position, but because they are fullbacks, they have a lower star rating.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »