Home

Running Game Realism - HELP

This is a discussion on Running Game Realism - HELP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
Running Game Realism - HELP

I'm requesting advice from those of you who value realism in NCAA12. I have tweaked the AA settings, using Mattk's [or something like that from the sliders page] set. For the most part, they have been excellent. But my run defense....

My two interior DT's get pancaked almost every run play. And I mean it happens immediately. If the CPU would run up the gut on me every play, they'd average 15+ yards, easily. Two examples:

I just played Rutgers [me] @ Syracuse [CPU]. Rutgers is slightly better, ratings wise, but it's close. Cuse ran the ball 33 times for 304 yards. Their top two RB's went 16 for 133 [8.3 avg] and 13 for 192 [14.7 avg]. It's ridiculous. I lost, 20-17.

I checked their OL vs my DL, thinking I had horrible DT's. And while they aren't great, they were rated similar to Syracuse's OL. All were high 70's or low 80's.

Exapmle #2 is two games ago where I played ASU [CPU] @ Utah [me]. I lost 31-24, which is fine, but I had a 21-17 lead until ASU ran two 90+ yard runs right up the middle in the 4th quarter. Both were untouched, as my DT's were again pancaked.

I feel these scores are semi-realistic, but the actual running game part is a mess. I can tweak the run defense [Human] or run block [CPU] sliders, but it seems feast or famine, as I either get gashed for 10+ ypc or the CPU runs for like 50 yards on 30 carries.

I love the game, so I'm not trying to bitch too much, but if any of you all have thoughts on the matter, you have an audience. Thanks for any conversation.

Shap

Last edited by Nextel Husker; 07-31-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »