Home

When I sim games I always get utterly destroyed

This is a discussion on When I sim games I always get utterly destroyed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
When I sim games I always get utterly destroyed

Horrible teams destroy me when I sim why is that? It ruined my season I lost all the rest of my games to lesser teams...wtf? (My last loss was to 0-9 Wyoming..now 1-9 thanks to my team ROFL)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
Rookie

The Pizza Guy07's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: When I sim games I always get utterly destroyed

It's obviously they need you to play them, not sim them
Old 08-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey don't feel like the lone ranger because the same thing happen's to me too and it does not matter if it's in ncaa football or mlb the show, i just have bad luck simming game's
Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

This is my first year doing any type of simming as I enjoy starting as an OC. I have noticed that when I watch the defensive plays vs. simming them my team does better when I watch. It is a striking difference as well.

I did a very brief and limited experiment where (by quitting at end and restarting) I simmed 2 games and then on the same 2 games watched every play on defense and I found that by watching the games my team faired better.

Could have just been this happened on these 2 games that I tried it on as I havent seen anyone else mention this so im not convinced fully yet but there may be something there not sure.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

You still should scout your opponent then adjust your coaching sliders for that game before simming. If they're a passing team, adjust your D sliders toward pass defense. If they're #1 against the run, move your O sliders to passing.

Won't stop all the wacky sim results, but I find it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
I did a very brief and limited experiment where (by quitting at end and restarting) I simmed 2 games and then on the same 2 games watched every play on defense and I found that by watching the games my team faired better.

Well, there's sim without starting a game and sim within a game. I was referring to the first above. But within a game, when I'm on D (I'm an OC) watching the play late in a game nearly always has the CPU break off ridiculous long plays to win or tie. VERY annoying. I feel the opposite you do, at least when the game is on the line at the end.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 08-01-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock72
Horrible teams destroy me when I sim why is that? It ruined my season I lost all the rest of my games to lesser teams...wtf? (My last loss was to 0-9 Wyoming..now 1-9 thanks to my team ROFL)
I think game play sliders have an effect on this. Are you using sliders that favor any aspect of the CPU game?

If so, would you post the stats of the Wyoming game?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I think game play sliders have an effect on this. Are you using sliders that favor any aspect of the CPU game?

If so, would you post the stats of the Wyoming game?
Sliders do not affect in game simming... only the ratings (the simming ones, for example: rbf or rbs (iirc))

The coaching sliders as someone mentioned already play the biggest part, if you are going to sim parts of the game, you need to change the r/p def and the aggressiveness, sub in/out, etc....
Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

I lost to a 1AA team when simming.

Of course, it didn't matter as I lost every other game en route to an 0-12 season.

But in my defense, I was playing as San Jose State.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »