Home

Heisman Level Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Heisman Level Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon5 Heisman Level Recruiting Question

All American recruiting is becoming predictable, so my question is for those who recruit on Heisman. Is it possible/realistic to recruit on Heisman with a small MAC school (Akron)? Don't want to ruin my dynasty by switching mid season so I thought I could get some feedback here before I decide. Thanks in advance OS.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Heisman Level Recruiting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal_cucchiara123
All American recruiting is becoming predictable, so my question is for those who recruit on Heisman. Is it possible/realistic to recruit on Heisman with a small MAC school (Akron)? Don't want to ruin my dynasty by switching mid season so I thought I could get some feedback here before I decide. Thanks in advance OS.
What do you define as realistic? Can you as Akron pull a bunch of 4 and 5 star players? Probably not. Can you get the occasional 4 star while building your recruiting class with mostly 3 star and 2 star kids yes. I find that you can load up on 3 stars, while the big schools are battling it out for the 4 and 5's. Then when they start to lose out on them they will swoop in and woo some of the 3 stars that you have been working on. IMO Heisman recruiting offers a very good challenge.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
What do you define as realistic? Can you as Akron pull a bunch of 4 and 5 star players? Probably not. Can you get the occasional 4 star while building your recruiting class with mostly 3 star and 2 star kids yes. I find that you can load up on 3 stars, while the big schools are battling it out for the 4 and 5's. Then when they start to lose out on them they will swoop in and woo some of the 3 stars that you have been working on. IMO Heisman recruiting offers a very good challenge.
What I define as realistic would be to get mainly 2 and 3 star recruits and the rare 4 star. I guess I was worried I would be stuck with all 1 and 2 star and never get any better. Which would not make the game fun. I'm looking for a challenge like you said. Just don't want to invest all my time and in 5 years still stuck landing 1 and 2 stars.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
How is All-American recruiting becoming predictable with Akron? Are u saying that ur constantly reeling in 4 and 5* recruits? Cause if u are, i would love to know the secret
Old 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
What I define as realistic would be to get mainly 2 and 3 star recruits and the rare 4 star. I guess I was worried I would be stuck with all 1 and 2 star and never get any better. Which would not make the game fun. I'm looking for a challenge like you said. Just don't want to invest all my time and in 5 years still stuck landing 1 and 2 stars.
In 5 years IF ur winning at a rapid rate, u will be given a better crop of recruits to go after...Also, u can move yourself to a power conference if u really want a challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your Recruits reflect your prestige. I am currently playing a SDSU dynasty were I started them in the pac 12. Recruiting is on hiesman and I've found it very realistic. You will be dogfighting for 3 stars with other teams as well. You have to Take what you can get. I had to build my off/def of playbooks and style around my recruits which very realistic imo.

Later on when you have more clout you go after guys that fit your system (ie. Take lesser 3 star player over a 4 star cause you think he is a better fit)
Old 08-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
How is All-American recruiting becoming predictable with Akron? Are u saying that ur constantly reeling in 4 and 5* recruits? Cause if u are, i would love to know the secret
Recruiting seems the same as last year to me so it feels like I am repeating NCAA 11 with recruiting. Not reeling 4 and 5 star at all.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdcgg81
Your Recruits reflect your prestige. I am currently playing a SDSU dynasty were I started them in the pac 12. Recruiting is on hiesman and I've found it very realistic. You will be dogfighting for 3 stars with other teams as well. You have to Take what you can get. I had to build my off/def of playbooks and style around my recruits which very realistic imo.

Later on when you have more clout you go after guys that fit your system (ie. Take lesser 3 star player over a 4 star cause you think he is a better fit)
I gotcha. I wasn't sure how heisman works recruiting wise, so I wanted to get a feel from the community here. I am enjoying my dynasty so much I didn't want to ruin it by switching to an impossible level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »