Home

How to get promoted to Head Coach at the same school...?

This is a discussion on How to get promoted to Head Coach at the same school...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to get promoted to Head Coach at the same school...?

Long time reader, first time Poster.

So I'm in my 5th year with Army as DC. The last 2 seasons we've made bowl games and I've met my goals. In the off-season I've gotten offers to HC at other schools, but I've built up my school and would like to stay with them. So my question is, what do I have to do, to get offered the HC job at my school?
I'm pretty sure they've hired at least one or 2 HC in my time there, but have not offered me the position...
I guess I just don't really understand how the coaching carousel works... Should I just be simming until my offers come? or what? should I hold out on signing my extensions? I just don't wanna lose my job as DC if I can't get the HC job.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Quo
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to get promoted to Head Coach at the same school...?

Would love to hear the answer to this as well... some friends and I are getting started in a death penalty dynasty but we wanted to start off as OC/DC at the school (which will be our alma mater) and see how long it takes to get offered the HC job.

It'll suck if the CPU doesn't let it happen. I'd love to hear that it does at least happen...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Keep winning so your HC get anew job!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo
Would love to hear the answer to this as well... some friends and I are getting started in a death penalty dynasty.
What is a death penalty dynasty?

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've never been directly promoted from OC/DC to HC at the same school. The way I see it is that if the school your coaching is doing well with you as coordinator your prestige will go up but the HC that is above you's prestige will also go up. To become head coach you need to leave for another school and hope the team you left will offer you the job after you left for a year or two or hope that the HC above you gets offered a better job because of your team's success
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_BlacKnight
What is a death penalty dynasty?
Google is your friend
Old 08-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

well you could resort to sabotage if you want, but you'd lose a year or so of recruits and have to time it right(last year of HC contract).

In other words, when you're playing your side of the ball, go to gameplan adjustments and change the offensive gameplans to either conservative or aggressive(whichever goes against the offense your team runs). For instance aggressive blocking will get more holds called on the offense(especially on passing teams) causing more 3 and outs. Catching on aggressive will make recievers drop more passes while trying to break a big play(but they might make one or two so that could back fire). Running backs will fumble way more on aggressive for the chance to get a few more yards with a broken tackle. Turn impact block to conservative so they wont sell out for the running game on blocks(leave the qb and rb victims to your opponents blitzes). Also put the wr one where they go long or short to conservative. It tells the cpu to run back to the qb after a route which frequently costs you first downs because you're telling them to put more priority on making it easier for the qb then making sure you have enough for the first.

Then dont recruit anyone on offense, if you have a need there, let a walk on take it. Only recruit defense cause you're the dc. Now while keeping most of your goals met, lose games because you just do well enough to keep your job but the offense lets you down. Never tried this but I have to believe it would work. Especially if you've earned a pretty high prestige rating within 5 years of goals met. Key is, you cant win every game, you have to have a losing season that contract year so they blame the oc and hc. Could backfire and get you fired as well but if you did your job and they failed, I dont see why you wouldnt get promoted...

This is all theory though so I could be totally wrong...

Last edited by algoody421; 08-06-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been offered HC at my school in two different dynasties.

One was when the HC retired, and the other is when the HC left to go elsewhere. Both times I had been at least 2 seasons into my job.

In my other dynasties, I have had HC's leave and they don't offer me the job. Perhaps this just simulates real life, as your dream job may never come and you have to make the difficult decision to either stay where you are at (second fiddle) or seek a HC elsewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »