Home

Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job!

This is a discussion on Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job!

You can sim it if you tweak your tendencies to match the goals that you need to meet statistically and if you set and then check your recruiting board during Week 1, Week 7, and Week 11/12.

The question is, if you're just simming your games at a lower-tiered school why don't you just start out as the HC of the school you want to be at?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnottke
I finished my first season as HC at San Jose State and shockingly, I was fired after the very first season. I decided to take the DC job at Miami, Ohio and I simmed the first season hoping I would get a HC job somewhere after the season. No offers came. I returned to Miami, Ohio and had a very successful season as the DC after simming the year with the hopes of getting a HC job once again. I went throught the coaching carasoul looking for HC jobs, but none were available. I am currently simming through the 4th season (I took the DC job at Kent State) and keeping my fingers crossed that a HC job is open somewhere. Any suggestions on how to actually get a HC job? Once I get the HC job I want to get back into actually playing the games and doing all the recruiting.
The world needs ditch diggers too.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Yep, just play your games. It only took me three years to get a HC job at Missouri. My first season I was the OC at Akron, then I did two years as OC at Kansas, then bam, Missouri fired their HC and I got the job.

The only thing that sucks is, I'm now an A+ Prestige Head Coach, even though I've never been one. I think you should definitely take a prestige hit from coordinator to head coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Check the roster before taking a job

Also try not to take jobs at places where the previous coach was fired.

It will save you a lot of trouble and make moving up much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »