Home

Pass Interference

This is a discussion on Pass Interference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Interference

It's very frustrating. Not only are the DB's jumping routes, but they are being able to slow down our receivers and not get called for PI. I watched it twice today with no flag called (AI v AI)
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know this is what makes the game so unrealistic.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I actually saw a PI, today. I was playing RTG as a QB. I had Def PI at 60. It was on a slant play. It was actually a horrible pass on my side. I forced the ball as soon as my WR made the cut. I think it was more of the CB being in the way of my WR on the slant route when I passed it. He just stopped and bumped the WR when I passed the ball.
I was shocked because I saw similar results on other plays and never got a call
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I had DPI called once..... for hitting the RB behind the line of scrimmage on a Slip Screen. Which cannot be called for defensive pass interference in any rule book in any level of football. Oh EA.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #13
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

I've seen it called roughly 3-4 times on the defense and twice on the offense.

Those numbers seem to be on the high end for most around here. It's a shame really. Also very annoying when the PI is BLATANT and a call isn't made.

Definitely needs to be more pass interference calls made.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 21

Only time I ever see it is while plying against my friend and one of us tries to obliterate the receiver too quickly. Other than that I generally see the CPU do as it pleases to my receivers. Not that I pass a lot. I usually just come out with a pass play and switch to a run and gash the poorly cheating defense.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

I've seen PI called occasionally on the CPU team...but it certainly isn't often enough.

I'm really hoping NCAA'13's special feature is a complete overhaul of the interaction between WRs and DBs, which should hopefully fix the PI issue (as well as the passing game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've seen one and only one, a defensive pass interference call on the computer. Never offensive. Seems there needs to be some defensive holding too. Some of the plays people describe aren't pass interference either, but a penalty needs to be called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »