Home

Anyone else in love with the run game this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone else in love with the run game this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone else in love with the run game this year?

Seems like it is the same as last year.
Only improvement that I see is when you are running the option.
When you run the option you can actually get a read on the DE.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
Maybe its just me but i havent had so much fun losing games in my life. Now i know Ncaa has its share of bugs and problems but if its one thing they got right this year its def the run game.

Trying to build Army into a good school and even during losses im having a blast gashing people with my FB on triple options or reading the ends and keeping the ball with my QB and busting big runs. Its also nice to be able to run out of the Shotgun with spread teams too. Anyone else feel the same?
I love the running game this year and hate the passing game... its been opposite in years past but this year I love it. You actually have to be a patient runner, know when to cut up, cut out, and be very strategical with your running.

I run a pretty balanced offense and I know that passing 17 times and running 20 pisses my opponents TF off.

All in all I love the running game!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
Rookie

Hold on, the only thing I don't like is the outside running game. Only way I can run outside is if I have the TE wide.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree that the running game is a little too easy this year, but (for offline dynasties) you can fix this with sliders.

Here's what I've done through 5 games in my Michigan dynasty. I run everything out of the SG.

In my OD, below are the nation's leading rushers through 10 weeks, all users. I think these guys all run a pro style attack. This is a sim league on TSO so this isn't from cheesing or anything.

I don't bother sliding my line on runs as I know it didn't do anything in past games (although it worked for passing). I just follow the basics:
Look for a hole.
Run through the hole.
Don't push sprint until you're through the hole.

These basic rules have been needed in past games and it's the same here. I've seen a few people mention that the D-line crashes through and gets their guys right away, but I haven't seen this. As I said, I run everything from the SG so maybe this is an under center issue.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #21
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

I play on AA with all running O and D sliders regarding user run game at default, accept CPU Rush D at 70. At 50, I could run fairly easily withe even bad teams (i.e. Akron).

I form Iso works too well too often, a lot of up the middle runs do, unless the CPU D is selling out against it. Even with bad teams, unless the CPU is selling out against middle run, I will typically get at least 5 yards and more like 8-12 on an Iso run.

The other way to run easily is call a spread formation draw play. If the D has more than 5 D in the box, or leaves a receiver uncovered at the line, audible to a quick pass. If they cover over all the receivers and have 5 or fewer D in the box, stick with the draw. You should eat up huge chunks of yards rushing often with the D spread out.

It won't work every time, sometimes a lineman or the lone linebacker in the box will make the play on you, but it works pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

i play on AA with Duke and run for 200yds+ a game with my hb.i have RBA at 50 RB at 45 and the cpu rush def at 70.Anything up the middle is good for 4-5yds usually and most of the dmg i do is running counter plays.If anything the running game is too easy.Reading the blocks is the key.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
I love the running game. In my FSU dynasty I lost my top two RBs and didnt want to take off the resdhisrt on my others. Played my FB at RB and just gashed em from the inside. Just to be weird, Iran a counter outside and because the cpu was overplaying inside, I had the big man rumble for 78 yds. Looked like Marshawn Lynch out there. it was amazing
Yeah Lonnie Pryor is the man in real life too
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

*runs 25 yard sweep*
*sings "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" to NCAA12*
damit, ref calls me for holdin'

this year i'm enjoyin' the run game so much i created a playbook with 373 run plays
& 2 fleaflickers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »