Home

Anyone else in love with the run game this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone else in love with the run game this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone else in love with the run game this year?

Maybe its just me but i havent had so much fun losing games in my life. Now i know Ncaa has its share of bugs and problems but if its one thing they got right this year its def the run game.

Trying to build Army into a good school and even during losses im having a blast gashing people with my FB on triple options or reading the ends and keeping the ball with my QB and busting big runs. Its also nice to be able to run out of the Shotgun with spread teams too. Anyone else feel the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else in love with the run game this year?

I don't like it for four reasons:

1.) Blocking AI. It's not fun to run if half the time there's 2-3 guys in the backfield by the handoff (try RTG with a RB with default sliders).

2.) Power backs are basically pointless. The majority of the time a single CB or S will make a tackle by themselves on a huge power back who won't even fall forward.

3.) CBs crashing the outside. Luckily this is getting fixed in the patch.

4). Holes. The linemen don't turn their backs to them and instead allow their man to just blow them up, this goes even faster if you hit sprint...which doesn't make sense. Sprinting through a hole is a basic fundamental part of the run game.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

Sorry OP, but I'm gonna have to agree with this guy. I think the running game blows this year. I have been playing the game since launch day, and I STILL don't think I have busted an option play open for any more than 3 yards, and most of the time it's for a 5 yard loss.

Hell, the only time I EVER get any positive yards rushing is when I run with the QB on a pass play...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
Maybe its just me but i havent had so much fun losing games in my life. Now i know Ncaa has its share of bugs and problems but if its one thing they got right this year its def the run game.

Trying to build Army into a good school and even during losses im having a blast gashing people with my FB on triple options or reading the ends and keeping the ball with my QB and busting big runs. Its also nice to be able to run out of the Shotgun with spread teams too. Anyone else feel the same?
Hell yea! I finally can run with Texas Tech from the spread. HB counter from any spread formation is such a great play.

In fact, I enjoy running so much that I have made a custom playbook for Texas Tech and have kinds shifted from a pass happy team to a balanced attack and even having more rushing yards than passing.

I know it sounds crazy.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2

Hmm maybe its just a mixed bag. I play on AA default except for having tackling on both sides a 40 and last game i had 202 yards rushing with my FB on San Diego State (not a powerhouse defensively i know) because the end practically stayed at home all game long so it was easy handoffs up the middle and the FB load option was killing them.

I do hear some of u guys on power backs not breaking tackles tho but ive found that with tackling on 40 power backs run over little corners now and your backs dont always go down on the first hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

The run game is super easy.. Running inside and outside.. I shake my head when I hear guys say they're having trouble running or complain about it when they made the run game so easy this year with the elimination of suction tackling. I'm enjoying the run game now since I made my sliders tough and its now a challenge to run the ball when I play elite or good teams.. Before I adjusted them I ran wild on Alabama with Bowling Green who had terrible RBs and I play on Heisman.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-03-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The run game is super easy.. Running inside and outside.. I shake my head when I hear guys say they're having trouble running or complain about it when they made the run game so easy this year with the elimination of suction tackling. I'm enjoying the run game now since I made my sliders tough and its now a challenge to run the ball when I play elite or good teams.. Before I adjusted them I ran wild on Alabama with Bowling Green who had terrible RBs and I play on Heisman.
Well if it's so easy mind, you sharing your methods on slide protection for running plays? It appears you don't have the problem of your oline routinely collapsing or missing their blocks and not blocking properly on holes. No idea why no one has been willing to make a thread about slide protection techniques...it'd take 2 minutes and would help a ton of people out.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhus89
Well if it's so easy mind, you sharing your methods on slide protection for running plays? It appears you don't have the problem of your oline routinely collapsing or missing their blocks and not blocking properly on holes. No idea why no one has been willing to make a thread about slide protection techniques...it'd take 2 minutes and would help a ton of people out.
For Running the ball, don't slide the line. Make them aggressive.

You slide the line for passing plays if you see a blitz coming from left or right.

I mean technically, If you call HB Slant 18 Right, (its the run in the ace formation under Big) then technically you would shift your o line right as they are supposed to shift over a blocker... but I am pretty sure the game does that by itself... even still, I have found better success by either not shifting at all or setting aggressive. And sometimes pinch for Fullback runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »