Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #25
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I never argued with you. im doing it on the other guy because i felt attacked out of the gate. Im not having a problem with this tendency bug so i don't see it as a problem. I could understand if maybe i saw the issues but seeing i doubt that im the choosen one who some how was completely unaffected by it when we all got our rosters from the same place. I know people have different views but than again there are things we all agree on. Im sorry but to me and i have to say MANY MANY other people 64 99ovr players is by far more a problem than a tendency bug. And to the other guy bc i know he will read this, yea generally the guys with the combination of good other ratings get 99ovr ratings. and thats JUST 99 i didn't say how many 98,97,96 etc. Theres a reason why there is only 1 in the orginal roster
See, now you're making some sense. I agree with you that the number of 95+ players can be really annoying. I'm pretty sure it's tied to coach prestige and the fact that there are so many A rated coaches a few years into dynasty. Having all those players and coaches rated that high can definitely be annoying. Especially in terms of trying to get realistic draft classes.

There's no real alternative here. Hopefully it's somehow included in a tuner or it's snuck into the patch. If we're lucky we won't be waiting until patch #3 for a fix.

But as much as this annoys you is how much the roster glitch annoys some others. Just like how you were talking about how Boise's backup QB progressed, I could (could, mind you) say that "well I don't play Boise this season so it doesn't affect me."

While it might not have an effect on me, it screws up sim stats and draft classes and that sucks in terms of trying to keep things realistic. The same thing happens when you play a known pocket-passer and he looks for running lanes or try to defend a mobile QB and all he does is stay in the pocket. Same goes for speed and power halfbacks, hard-hitters and coverage corners, etc.

Different strokes for different folks man. I agree that if progression is untouched, that's overlooking a lot. There shouldn't be that many 95 or better players. Same goes for all those A and A+ coaches and coordinators.

Some people are just going to believe the roster glitch is worse. That's all I was saying.

Last edited by okstate19; 08-03-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #26
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

You really don't quite grasp the roster bug. It effects every single game you play. You may not notice it because you probably downloaded named rosters the second you got the game, but if you played with the out of the box rosters you would notice.

Tendency is the AI logic. It defines what type of decisions every player in the game makes. It is more than just the QB. Your balanced DB will try to go for the big hit instead of an interception because his tendency is messed up. Your 5'7" speed HB will try to bowl over a LB instead of avoid him because his tendency is messed up. Ratings effect how successful the decisions they make are, but tendency tells them what decisions to make in the first place. Tendency ruins about every spread, option, and triple option team in the game because the QB doesn't have the ability to make the right decisions and because the RB play opposite to how they should.

That being said, I was looking for the patch to address the fact that LB play like Ed Reed on super-soldier serum and it doesn't do that either.

I have always wondered why they can't just include a slider for progression. That way people can make progression as fast or as slow as they want.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
See, now you're making some sense. I agree with you that the number of 95+ players can be really annoying. I'm pretty sure it's tied to coach prestige and the fact that there are so many A rated coaches a few years into dynasty. Having all those players and coaches rated that high can definitely be annoying. Especially in terms of trying to get realistic draft classes.

There's no real alternative here. Hopefully it's somehow included in a tuner or it's snuck into the patch. If we're lucky we won't be waiting until patch #3 for a fix.

But as much as this annoys you is how much the roster glitch annoys some others. Just like how you were talking about how Boise's backup QB progressed, I could (could, mind you) say that "well I don't play Boise this season so it doesn't affect me."

While it might not have an effect on me, it screws up sim stats and draft classes and that sucks in terms of trying to keep things realistic. The same thing happens when you play a known pocket-passes and he looks for running lanes or try to defend a mobile QB and all he does is stay in the pocket.

Different strokes for different folks man. I agree that if progression is untouched, that's overlooking a lot. There shouldn't be that many 95 or better players. Same goes for all those A and A+ coaches and coordinators.

Some people are just going to believe the roster glitch is worse. That's all I was saying.
We're making progress lol. I understand where you come from but im not experiencing it. I understand how if I played Kellen Moore who is the best Pocket Passer in the NCAA, it would be annoying to see him scramble. Just im not experiencing it. I agree it ties into Coach Prestige and they listed that they stopped some coaches from going to A+ to D+ in one season. This potentially will even worsen the progression becuase once every school gets to A which will take probably 20years, and it does happen, they will stay A. Excuse me if i come on strong or anything but this to me is a game killer, because much like the current status of playbooks, i see it as unuseable. A MAJOR reason i invest in NCAA and keep it is because of the draft classes. I don't want to see the year Madden supposely fixes the always low draft classes is the year NCAA screws the progression to be to high. I think this is to big of a problem to dust under the carpet because not only does it effect NCAA, it effects madden
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
You really don't quite grasp the roster bug. It effects every single game you play. You may not notice it because you probably downloaded named rosters the second you got the game, but if you played with the out of the box rosters you would notice.

Tendency is the AI logic. It defines what type of decisions every player in the game makes. It is more than just the QB. Your balanced DB will try to go for the big hit instead of an interception because his tendency is messed up. Your 5'7" speed HB will try to bowl over a LB instead of avoid him because his tendency is messed up. Ratings effect how successful the decisions they make are, but tendency tells them what decisions to make in the first place. Tendency ruins about every spread, option, and triple option team in the game because the QB doesn't have the ability to make the right decisions and because the RB play opposite to how they should.

That being said, I was looking for the patch to address the fact that LB play like Ed Reed on super-soldier serum and it doesn't do that either.

I have always wondered why they can't just include a slider for progression. That way people can make progression as fast or as slow as they want.
I agree with you that it would piss me off seeing Kellen Moore scramble but this to me is just much more a problem. It effects not only NCAA but Madden as well. This one thing could ruin madden franchises because of the highly rated players. The rookies in this years games are very low. With the highest being 82. I remember Suh was a 85 and McCoy was a 84. People can argue that Peterson would be better and more important than McCoy. The best QB has a 76. Now with the draft classes, and only talking about year 1. There is a bunch of 90 rated QB's At the end of the year, i had 4 99's, Luck, Moore, Keenum and Griffen III. That was just with the IN-SEASON progression. they are most likely to be over 80ovr. Now fast foward to year 10, will 64 rookies come in with over 80ovr? and remember thats JUST 99. It could litterally come to a point where the lowest rated rookie drafted in the 7th round is a 70. Think of how it will be in a few years after progression, every NFL team will be stocked with 90's
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 31

I'd rather have players that are more highly rated than players that aren't rated high enough. I carry draft classes over to Madden, so the better they are leaving college to more realistic their overalls will be as rookies.

Can't please everyone.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I'd rather have players that are more highly rated than players that aren't rated high enough. I carry draft classes over to Madden, so the better they are leaving college to more realistic their overalls will be as rookies.

Can't please everyone.
This is far worse. If you have 64 99ovr players that means 64 80+ovr rookies in madden. There are only a few 80 ovr rookies and only 3 that are actually over 80. this could ruin your franchise because if everyone is in the 90's in a few years after progression, think of the money they will ask for. The new CBA isn't in the game either so rookies can ask for 90Million if they're the #1 pick. Teams salaries will be full all the time which already cancels out the free agent bidding feature. This, no joke or exaggeration, will ruin your franchise.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #31
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

4 years intoy dynasty there are 3 99 overall players. My HB, Alabama's DE, and USC's QB. There are abort a dozen srniors ratedfrom 96-98, and two juniors in that range.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
4 years intoy dynasty there are 3 99 overall players. My HB, Alabama's DE, and USC's QB. There are abort a dozen srniors ratedfrom 96-98, and two juniors in that range.
In my sim at the END OF THE YEAR, theyre were 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »