Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #49
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

I think progression should stay where it's @. It could be nerfed a little, LITTLE. Last year, they ruined the game so I stopped playing and I don't want that to happen this year. Leave progression as is.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I think progression should stay where it's @. It could be nerfed a little, LITTLE. Last year, they ruined the game so I stopped playing and I don't want that to happen this year. Leave progression as is.
I rather it be to little than to high. im gunna estimate more than 50% of people that play dynasty use the exported draft classes. with the amount of highly rated players, no new cba in madden, and new draft logic, im guessing a very big increase in highly rated rookies. now you can always edit them down in madden, right? Only problem is with no new cba, they can ask for so much money still. So my fear is team cap space will always be full, which will cancel the free agent bidding feature and have teams stocked with 90's. If it was to little, Rookies would ask for less money, making the new cba seem more realistic and in the game, and since we are pretty much guarenteed the editing job, i rather edit up than down.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #51
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I rather it be to little than to high. im gunna estimate more than 50% of people that play dynasty use the exported draft classes. with the amount of highly rated players, no new cba in madden, and new draft logic, im guessing a very big increase in highly rated rookies. now you can always edit them down in madden, right? Only problem is with no new cba, they can ask for so much money still. So my fear is team cap space will always be full, which will cancel the free agent bidding feature and have teams stocked with 90's. If it was to little, Rookies would ask for less money, making the new cba seem more realistic and in the game, and since we are pretty much guarenteed the editing job, i rather edit up than down.

We are in agreement. Too little absolutely kills this game. Too much is manageable. With all the edit features in Madden, would contracts be editable? I know they are in the 2k series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

The fix to progression was I think fixed in a tuner last year. What's not to say that the fix to progression will be in a tuner this year?

Like I said in another post under the red text-ed "Patch info released" (something like that) EA is in a position where if they take a leak, 50% of people think it's the worst decision ever made; and if they don't take a leak, 50% of people think it's the worst decision ever made. You (sportsgamer) and others who agree with you (and I agree with you too, progression is a little out of whack) need to understand that this wasn't on the top of EA's list--doesn't mean that they aren't going to fix it, just means that it wasn't priority #1 (as much as fixing the freezing and roster issues).

That being said, I hope they fix progression in a tuner.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
- Super LB'ers, psychic DB's
There is no such thing as Super LBers, only players that don't know how to pass.

As for psychic DBs, those do exist, but the problem is with the engine and how the defense works, so it's not something that can be patched.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
There is no such thing as Super LBers, only players that don't know how to pass.

As for psychic DBs, those do exist, but the problem is with the engine and how the defense works, so it's not something that can be patched.
I wouldn't say that. LB's hardly affect me much because nearly every time I go over the middle I lob it now so LB's can't touch it, but when I do throw a bullet sometimes I see LB's that in real life would never have been able to react, stop, jump, and touch the ball in the amount of time they do.

The biggest problem I have with the LB's on passes over the middle are not their verticals because they aren't that unrealistic. I have a problem with how quickly they react and how they act like momentum does not affect them. That's what makes them super.

― Plato
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #55
Rookie

vstrong50's Arena

OVR: 0

The coach progression is 100 times worse. You can avoid the roster glitch by not editing the rosters. You cant avoid the coach progression issue.

If there are 2 glitches that almost everyone agrees are SIGNIFICANT, then the one you cant avoid is obviously worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #56
Rookie

vstrong50's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

BS....you shouldn't have to cheese to avoid a LB from leaping 10ft in one direction to block a pass. It just shouldnt happen. Period. Not everyone can spend 10 hours a day learning the nuances of how to avoid super LB's while passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »