Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #65
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Different strokes for different folks man. I agree that if progression is untouched, that's overlooking a lot. There shouldn't be that many 95 or better players. Same goes for all those A and A+ coaches and coordinators.
The main problem I have noticed while working on my rosters is frosh and soph's are not rated correctly for the progression system NCAA 12 is using. So if you are using rosters that have not been edited specifically for this, you are going to see a ton of 99's in two or three years down the road. What I have done is started editing all the Frosh and Soph's ratings so they progress properly by the time they are Juniors and Seniors.

The QB's awareness progressing too much like the OP said is something I am still looking into. I also believe it has to do with the Coach and Coordinator ratings, which I have been editing and plan on editing more in the future.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think progression is much more of a concern than the tendancy issue as far as dynasty goes. You can always edit the tendancies before you play the team if it only affects game play. There is no way to fix progression. All they had to do was let us edit coaches ratings in dynasty and that would fix progression for the most part. VERY dissapointed that progression wasn't patched. O well.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

As has been mentioned, player progression doesn't need to be touched. It's coaching progression that is causing the inflated roster ratings.

If you don't make any edits to the default coaching prestiges, you'll see 50+ A+ coaches by year 10.

Disappointed this won't be addressed in the next patch.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I agree with you that it would piss me off seeing Kellen Moore scramble but this to me is just much more a problem. It effects not only NCAA but Madden as well. This one thing could ruin madden franchises because of the highly rated players. The rookies in this years games are very low. With the highest being 82. I remember Suh was a 85 and McCoy was a 84. People can argue that Peterson would be better and more important than McCoy. The best QB has a 76. Now with the draft classes, and only talking about year 1. There is a bunch of 90 rated QB's At the end of the year, i had 4 99's, Luck, Moore, Keenum and Griffen III. That was just with the IN-SEASON progression. they are most likely to be over 80ovr. Now fast foward to year 10, will 64 rookies come in with over 80ovr? and remember thats JUST 99. It could litterally come to a point where the lowest rated rookie drafted in the 7th round is a 70. Think of how it will be in a few years after progression, every NFL team will be stocked with 90's
You have no idea how the players will be rated when imported to Madden. How do you know these ratings aren't tuned to work well with imports? Maybe you should stop pretending you know how the imports will work on a game that is still 3 weeks from release.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate123
As has been mentioned, player progression doesn't need to be touched. It's coaching progression that is causing the inflated roster ratings.

If you don't make any edits to the default coaching prestiges, you'll see 50+ A+ coaches by year 10.

Disappointed this won't be addressed in the next patch.
From what I remember in previous versions, the coach prestige rating affects recruiting, not progression. It's the team prestige rating (1-6 stars) that determines progression. I definitely think the inflated coach prestige ratings are a problem, I just don't think its progression being affected by it.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfordtruck420
From what I remember in previous versions, the coach prestige rating affects recruiting, not progression. It's the team prestige rating (1-6 stars) that determines progression. I definitely think the inflated coach prestige ratings are a problem, I just don't think its progression being affected by it.
I've tested this by lowering coach prestige across the board and definitely saw a difference in the overall talent as compared to what you'd get with the default prestige. The problem, though, is that it doesn't matter how much you decrease prestiges, there will be far too many A+ coaches in a matter of a few seasons.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #71
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrong50
The coach progression is 100 times worse. You can avoid the roster glitch by not editing the rosters. You cant avoid the coach progression issue.

If there are 2 glitches that almost everyone agrees are SIGNIFICANT, then the one you cant avoid is obviously worse.
I disagree. I have not seen this at all. 4 years into my WMU dynasty, 9 MAC coaches are a D or D+ prestige. Akron has a B+, EMU has a B, and WMU has a C+. one other coach might have a C, but I'm not sure. Everybody but my Broncos are a 78 overall or less, with Akron, EMU, Ball State, Bowling Green, Buffalo, and Kent being in the 60s overall.

Conversely, I have noticed the roster glitch. Initially I didn't think that was a big deal, but by summing a couple of games I can see how it's bad.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lol... this thread is funny. I just love the fact that there's so many flaws in this game that now people just debate about which flaw is worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »