Home

Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level

This is a discussion on Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #17
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pulling OL & FB don't hit second level

Tackles on pass blocking can be just as dumb.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Im not claiming this doesnt happen, But I know for sure if you press sprint too early they stop because the d line or lb or cb is reacting to YOUR HB. Same goes for passing, if you run too far back(ala rex grossman) or to one side or the other, you will get sacked more often then not. Your oline expects you to be somewhere and cant block for you otherwise if you're not there.

Slider changes also help. I find run blocking around 60-70(depending on the talent on your team) and rush defense around 80 is very good with 0 speed thresh hold and very slow game speed. I also ALWAY put impact block to aggressive in the gameplan adjustments during the game. You rarely see a clipping call if you have it at 50 or lower, yet you still get your wrs oline fb and te selling out for blocks more often than not.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
Im not claiming this doesnt happen, But I know for sure if you press sprint too early they stop because the d line or lb or cb is reacting to YOUR HB. Same goes for passing, if you run too far back(ala rex grossman) or to one side or the other, you will get sacked more often then not. Your oline expects you to be somewhere and cant block for you otherwise if you're not there.

Slider changes also help. I find run blocking around 60-70(depending on the talent on your team) and rush defense around 80 is very good with 0 speed thresh hold and very slow game speed. I also ALWAY put impact block to aggressive in the gameplan adjustments during the game. You rarely see a clipping call if you have it at 50 or lower, yet you still get your wrs oline fb and te selling out for blocks more often than not.
I know sliders could possibly help with this but when you have a nieve commish that deosnt what 2 change the sliders its nothing I can do
Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

this is simple and easy to fix there is a hidden rating that makes them block down the field after their inital block most of the time

Wisconsin Center blocking down field

Air Force FB gets to the 2nd level

Florida has two OL get to the 2nd level

Pittsburgh OL and TE blocking downfield

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone played around with the play recognition attribute? It seems like the play recognition attribute (oddly) may play a role in WR/HB blocking. I was having all sorts of issues running the option, so I bumped up the play recognition attribute for all HB's, FB's, WR's, and TE's on Army by 40 points. I noted a pretty big jump in the intelligence of the players in making blocks (they didn't pancake guys or anything.....but they at least got to them, even to the second level). This slider doesn't impact the overall ratings either, so those don't get out of whack. I wonder if this could work for OL too??

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »