Home

what do you guys on here mean gamekillers? turnovers or something else

This is a discussion on what do you guys on here mean gamekillers? turnovers or something else within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: what do you guys on here mean gamekillers? turnovers or something else

Quote:
hy·per·bo·le   [hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

noun Rhetoric .

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.
A certain percentage of the people who use this here thing called the internet are incapable of refraining from using gross exaggerations when they are upset about something or another.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

people use "gamekiller" to freely here. the only issue that comes close to being a "gamekiller"(at least that I've experieced) would be the freezing, since it literally prevents you from playing the game, but then again, it doesn't happen often to me(I've only had it freeze twice).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
people use "gamekiller" to freely here. the only issue that comes close to being a "gamekiller"(at least that I've experieced) would be the freezing, since it literally prevents you from playing the game, but then again, it doesn't happen often to me(I've only had it freeze twice).
Wow. You must just not care about details at all, then. Good for you, though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Yeah, the game is still fun for me but I gotta admit team's scheduling more conference games than they are suppose too, having pocket passers scrambling on me, and scramblers being statues that I sack 5 times(or more) a game is a pain. I knew there was a reason I was getting so many sacks in this year's game...the roster glitch is why lol and I thought the pass rush was just better...silly me lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
This would be hyperbole of the other extreme.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This would be hyperbole of the other extreme.
I agree with Soildice that the freezing is the only issue that warrants the gamekiller label. I obviously don't know it with absolute certainty, but I would be willing to put money on it that there are hundreds of thousands of people who play this game every day and don't have the slightest idea that any of these so called gamekillers even exist.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think I've called anything in any game a gamekiller, but NCAA '12 has the closest I've seen to them. The 2 main ones are freezes (I've had 1 offline dynasty game in 5 freeze on me and I've had 3 OD games freeze against the CPU) and the damned crashes/connection issues in OD user games. Just last night, 2 guys had to replay their game 4 times as they kept getting kicked out in the 1st half. In our OD, I think 90% of the user v. user games have had to be restarted at least once. The real kickers are the ones where both users make it through the game, save their highlights and then exit the game only to both freeze up after exiting, but before getting to upload the game, thusly not counting the game. This has happened 3.5 times (in 1 of them only one guy froze but thankfully the 2nd guy was able to exit cleanly) so far in season 1 of our OD.

EDIT:
I just thought of an actual gamekiller (although I think that "gameplay mode killer" is more accurate) that I've (we've all) seen before. That's in NCAA '11 when they had the pumpfake glitch. This is more of a mode killer, however, in the sense that it only killed online "play now" type games and even then, it really only affected online play now games against douche bags (which is likely too high of a percentage of the players in that mode).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
Wow. You must just not care about details at all, then. Good for you, though
Seriously with this post?

You might want to re-think what gamekiller really means. We all seem pretty passionate about the game and go to great lengths to get the most out of it. To say someone "must just not care about the details" that plays and gets into this game probably just as much as anyone on this site it downright silly.

Gimme a break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »