Home

Elite Speed: Useless for the player?

This is a discussion on Elite Speed: Useless for the player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Elite Speed: Useless for the player?

Has anyone else noticed that any user-controlled player with elite speed/agility/acceleration seems slower than similar players controlled by the CPU? I have a WR on my Teambuilder team that has 98 Speed, 95 Agility, and 99 Acceleration, but he frequently gets caught from behind by DBs or even LBs with Speed in the 80's. On the other hand, if a CPU ballcarrier has even a 1 point advantage over my defenders in Speed/Acceleration then they can pull away.

I play on Slow game speed with the Speed Threshold at 10, but I still see CPU players with lower Speed ratings catch up to my players all the time. It seems like my WRs get caught from behind despite having 95+ Speed/Agility, yet my Power HB with 87 Speed and 88 Acceleration can break 70+ yard TD runs with no problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Elite Speed: Useless for the player?

Fatigue and stamina
Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Has anyone else noticed that any user-controlled player with elite speed/agility/acceleration seems slower than similar players controlled by the CPU? I have a WR on my Teambuilder team that has 98 Speed, 95 Agility, and 99 Acceleration, but he frequently gets caught from behind by DBs or even LBs with Speed in the 80's. On the other hand, if a CPU ballcarrier has even a 1 point advantage over my defenders in Speed/Acceleration then they can pull away.

I play on Slow game speed with the Speed Threshold at 10, but I still see CPU players with lower Speed ratings catch up to my players all the time. It seems like my WRs get caught from behind despite having 95+ Speed/Agility, yet my Power HB with 87 Speed and 88 Acceleration can break 70+ yard TD runs with no problem.
Put the threshold at zero...

Also, if your on Heisman, the CPU will always be faster than you, regardless of ratings...

psn - CeeGee
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Put the threshold at zero...

Also, if your on Heisman, the CPU will always be faster than you, regardless of ratings...
It's EA's way of making the CPU harder, instead of smarter
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I play on AA with the threshold @ 30 and my only elite speed guy is Denard and if he gets by guys they never catch him.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

RB Ability in sliders will make a difference as well
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
RB Ability in sliders will make a difference as well
This. One of the main things the RBA slider affects is the ball carrier's speed. This is why when I'm adjusting rushing sliders (to make it tougher for me and easier for the CPU) I won't touch the user RBA slider and only change my RB and the CPU RD sliders. I also won't take the CPU RBA slider above 60 because then you've got power backs that won't be run down by streaking corners.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on heisman default without any named players. I've been able to break a few nice long TD runs with denard when getting into the open field. He's pulling away from the defense on most plays when he gets in space. I feel like there's reasonable separation between elite speed players. Played Bama (me) v OU in Norman and #3 broke a 70 yarder up the middle and no one could catch him.

My concern is with how slowly some players accelerate even with a very good to great rating in this category. once they get to top speed i'm fine. hopefully the patch really does address the slow acceleration curve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »