Home

Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

This is a discussion on Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

Sliders and awareness don't help this. The only way to help is reduce the play recognition rating individually on each player.

There's a lot of problems with this game. I have a few videos I will be releasing as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Just second class programmers at EA - that is all this is. They are forced to keep deadlines that they probably know they can't meet so they put in little things like this to get their work done.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I find practice mode to be completely irrelevant to the actual gameplay.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Sliders and awareness don't help this. The only way to help is reduce the play recognition rating individually on each player.

There's a lot of problems with this game. I have a few videos I will be releasing as well.
Did you watch the video? He did tone down the safeties and the linebackers play recognition to zero.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #13
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

He is complaining for absolute no reason, and here is why:

First play: The safety sees that the tight end is engage a block, and of course knows that it's a running play. Nothing wrong with that.
When he changes to PA the tight end does not engage a block, but runs a route, and therefore the safety goes in to zone coverage.
When he flips the run it's really easy to read what way the running back will run. A count would work perfectly here, just like IRL. Again the tight end is the reason that he knows it's a running play.

People really need to stop complaining for no reason. Most safeties/linebackers in college football would make these reads fairly easy.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to post something really interesting about this. This happened last year as well, but here goes. Try and keep an open mind.

He selected "Heisman" as the DIFFICULTY. Difficulty DOES NOT mean REALISTIC. Heisman is there as a challege, NOT a realistic setting. It makes the game harder for those that want it harder.

Just like Halo, CoD, any game that has difficulty, it's meant to make the game harder. How can a sports game, especially a football game, be harder without being cheap? Anyone?
Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
I'm going to post something really interesting about this. This happened last year as well, but here goes. Try and keep an open mind.

He selected "Heisman" as the DIFFICULTY. Difficulty DOES NOT mean REALISTIC. Heisman is there as a challege, NOT a realistic setting. It makes the game harder for those that want it harder.

Just like Halo, CoD, any game that has difficulty, it's meant to make the game harder. How can a sports game, especially a football game, be harder without being cheap? Anyone?
True, but WR shouldn't act like they have never played football in their life either. They don't even fight DBs for the ball, they don't even go up and try and catch it most of the time. See Versuz's WR video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
Another video from the same guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2

I think this sheds light on why so many recievers drop balls, allow their routs to be jumped, and get picked off. The reciever always acts as if he is wide open, the DB however, is making a competitive play on the ball.
I watched this video too and thought it was quite eye opening. This is something that I've also noticed happening. It's refreshing to see someone else make the same observation. Great work by versuz2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »