Home

Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

This is a discussion on Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #25
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If it's a simple numbers check based on ratings say the prc rating or some combo of ratings I am om with that. I want my players to play to their ratings.
Right, and there's clearly something else going on, if players with zero ratings are making lightning-quick decisions and proper reads. And I agree with this issue, because I see players with sub-70 IQs making pro bowl decisions. Which just goes back to "CPU be cheatin'." And IMO, it's because the developers haven't spent enough time, or don't know how, to develop a more sophisticated AI that's "smart." It's like an RTS game. Instead of making the AI smarter, they just make 'em cheat.

And as I've written before, it's quite clear the CPU knows our play-call. I've lined up on many occasions on 3rd and inches in a goal-line formation, having run the ball ALL DAY LONG, and I call play-action. CPU calls 3-3-5 nickel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #26
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
He is complaining for absolute no reason, and here is why:

First play: The safety sees that the tight end is engage a block, and of course knows that it's a running play. Nothing wrong with that.
When he changes to PA the tight end does not engage a block, but runs a route, and therefore the safety goes in to zone coverage.
When he flips the run it's really easy to read what way the running back will run. A count would work perfectly here, just like IRL. Again the tight end is the reason that he knows it's a running play.

People really need to stop complaining for no reason. Most safeties/linebackers in college football would make these reads fairly easy.
Except... they aren't making reads. Are DB's and LB's slapping balls out of the air that they cant see "making reads?" Are linemen jumping to knock balls down before the throwing motion is started "making reads?" No.

If they were making reads, none of this would be a problem. They are programmed to know. You act like college players are machines that never bite on play action and always know it is run/pass. That is obviously not the case, because guys get burned all the time, even the best of the best get burned once in a while.

You could run a counter a dozen times and the one time you call a PA Counter, every single player is in position. Not one of them, no matter their awareness or play recognition, will bite. Not even a little. Even great players would slide with the fake before reacting to the play.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #27
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

And as I've written before, it's quite clear the CPU knows our play-call. I've lined up on many occasions on 3rd and inches in a goal-line formation, having run the ball ALL DAY LONG, and I call play-action. CPU calls 3-3-5 nickel.
I've seen this in past versions but I am not seeing this now.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #28
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've seen this in past versions but I am not seeing this now.
I'm constantly getting to the line and seeing the CPU perfectly match my play, regardless of down and distance, situation, or previous plays. Of course, I audible and succeed, but it's disheartening that I'm having to "game" the CPU like that. On 3rd and short, I can come out in a short yardage formation and call a pass, and I know the CPU will call a pass defense. Quick audible to a run, and bam. I hate that.

This is on both AA and Heisman.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I can't believe the blind fanboyism displayed by some of these posters in this thread.

That video shows an obvious flaw in the AI and the developers should take note and work to fix it.

If they aren't going to have people testing the game for flaws pre-release, then they better listen to us afterwards. We are their gametesters.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #30
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Nice, trying to make fun of the guy on the internet for pointing out the flaws of a video game, classy.
Hrmm... how was anything I said making fun of him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
So this is what happens when a guy who spent hours in the film room in High School doesn't make it to college ball... He turns to dissecting a video game...
Juts saying he enjoys watching tape.

Quote:
I won't get into where this guy finds the time to make a video like this.. If that is how he chooses to spend his time, his call.
Its how he chooses to spend his time. I don't know where he gets it, just that he has alot of it. I may not agree with how he spends it, but I am not going to tell him how he should.

Quote:
I don't take the time to act like Peyton Manning and study the tape when it comes to this video game like versus..
Saying he has taken the time to look at the video game inside and out and so sees more of the little thing than me.

Its all about how you choose perceive. If you feel like everyone is going to make fun of everyone else on the internet then you probably will think I just want to make fun of the guy.

But the bigger travesty here is that out of my post, the only thing you focused on was that I was allegedly mocking Versus when all I was saying is that people are too critical on sports games in general.

In fact, I am starting to believe that most people that have issues with NCAA/Madden are people that don't play other videos games and think they will be so accurate to the real thing when even your best video game series and companies on the market, (Metal Gear Solid and Elder Scrolls series are two that come right to mind) have major flaws in them. But people don't grip as much about them because they understand that even though the games that came out are not perfect, they are understand that it is a damn good game regardless.

You can instant replay every game and find glitches, clipping, psychic stuff, etc, etc, etc, and then think the game is unplayable but that is not fair the to makers of the video game. Even though they make video games using a computer and lines of code, it is still done by human hands. And humans, as we all know, are imperfect creatures. The difference is that people who create things, such as Video games or hell, even the US Constitution, are imperfect things.

All I am saying is that you guys only take the fun out the game you guys play by keep sabotaging it. Just stop looking at these things under a fine tooth comb.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I find practice mode to be completely irrelevant to the actual gameplay.
I agree with this 100%. I was going to post the exact same thing. Play action does work. You have to set it up. Now, I'm not dismissing that the AI doesn't cheat -- but showing this in practice mode means absolutely nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #32
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'm constantly getting to the line and seeing the CPU perfectly match my play, regardless of down and distance, situation, or previous plays. Of course, I audible and succeed, but it's disheartening that I'm having to "game" the CPU like that. On 3rd and short, I can come out in a short yardage formation and call a pass, and I know the CPU will call a pass defense. Quick audible to a run, and bam. I hate that.

This is on both AA and Heisman.
I am not doubting you. For me I haven't noticed it. Years past I for sure have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »