Home

Walk-ons? Seriously?

This is a discussion on Walk-ons? Seriously? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #17
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Walk-ons? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Do cutting players cause your schools Academic Prestige to fall?
Does shaving a turtle cause ice cream to taste like tuna?

Just messin'... at first I didn't quite see how the two connected.

Academic prestige isn't something that changes on next-gen (current gen) to my experience.

It stays where it is, like a reputation.

On PS2 I think maybe it fluctuated a little with player discipline issues, but now I'm not even so sure about that, it's been too long since the PS2 days.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Most of the time I do end up cutting those Walk-on/open scholly snatchers, but every now and then I get a superstar. Just recently I got a 5 star WR who obviously had his heart set on playing at Wake Forest.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Beholder's Arena

OVR: 4

Last season, I read that recruiting players with low interest in Academic Prestige caused the pitch to drop. If that's not true, it's very unfortunate that I've been going out of my way to only recruit players with Average interest or better.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

Academic prestige isn't something that changes on next-gen (current gen) to my experience.

On PS2 I think maybe it fluctuated a little with player discipline issues, but now I'm not even so sure about that, it's been too long since the PS2 days.
I thought it could increase if you recruited players with higher awareness.. It should be that way atleast.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I thought it could increase if you recruited players with higher awareness.. It should be that way atleast.
I thought that if you recruited too many JUCO players that your academic prestige would get dinged.

I remember back when each prospect had his GPA listed so that you would at least have a reason to expect that you were going to hurt your academic prestige. I guess that's another feature that hasn't carried over to next gen yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

As Penn State my Academic Prestige went from a B+ to an A+ from the time I started there in 2015, til now in 2020. Not sure how that works, but I'll take it.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #23
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
Hmm...recruits going to a school without a scholarship offer from that school...Sounds kind of like a walk on...
Fair enough. I guess I always associated walk ons with the guys that show up on the roster with no stars not recruits that commit before signing day with other scholarship offers.

Anyway Academic prestige progression is random. One of the Devs said it last year.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
As Penn State my Academic Prestige went from a B+ to an A+ from the time I started there in 2015, til now in 2020. Not sure how that works, but I'll take it.
This has happened to me. My thoery is that if you sign guys that place a high value on Academics then your team rating increases...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »