Home

Best Recruiting Class Ever

This is a discussion on Best Recruiting Class Ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #41
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Best Recruiting Class Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Well im in year 3 of my dynasty, and i promise, the #1 WR prospect has been 6'1 every year in the 170 lbs range. But down the list, you'll find some nice sized WR's
I just landed a 6'-6" / 235 lbs 4* WR, I can't wait to lob the ball to that big SOB lol.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #42
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I just landed a 6'-6" / 235 lbs 4* WR, I can't wait to lob the ball to that big SOB lol.
hahaha. What was his overall rating? I cannot get the ball to my outside receivers on anything but go routes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #43
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
hahaha. What was his overall rating? I cannot get the ball to my outside receivers on anything but go routes
have u tried slants? that's the easiest pass play
Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #44
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anyone else scour the bottom half of recruits (high 1*, 2*) to find some gems. Im on my first season with UK and found a wonderful KR/PR for next season. 6'5 225 with A- Speed and B+ acc. I always try to look for gems in the bottom half of the recruits.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #45
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Let me ask you guys something... when yall recruit, how do you go about doing it? How many guys do you put on your board and how do you go about deciding how much time to allot to the different players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #46
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

OVR: 2

At first I go after positions that I need to fill, ill find recruits that already have me on their list and def put them on my recruiting board. After I fill my recruiting board with double the amount at each position I need to fill ill add a few big time guys just to see if I can land them. I usually try to stay at 20 guys and give each 30 minutes at first. As the year goes on if I get guys that have me at first and I'm 600 or so ahead ill cut it down to 20 minutes and give that extra time to guys im behind with. As guys commit to other schools or I drop too far behind ill start at the top of the list and scroll down and pick up guys that are still in the top 10 stage and no offers because of their lack of interest from other schools. I usually end up with a top 20-40 class with 3* schools.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #47
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

20-25 to start with in the preseason. Ideally 30 minutes each so 20, but you usually have more. Or I do.

First go after 1+ of what you need. So if you need 2 WRs, have at least 3 of them on your board. And so on.

Then look at the top 100 prospects and add all the ones who have you as their leader.

Then look at the top 100 and add all of those ones wit you in the top 5 and you are within 60-ish points of the leader. Especially those whom have college across the country. eg; Cali recruit with Florida, TCU, and OSU on top the list. I find it's difficult to steal players from their pipeline teams/states.

Then I like to look at speed at skill positions. 3-4-5 stars. Any, even if they aren't interested, and as long as they aren't heavily favoring a team on their list.

Then I browse through the top 200 (4 stars or higher) and see which prospects I have a chance with. Either his interest level in prospected teams are very low (like mostly red and low yellows) with no leader or those which have you listed.

--

Then the season starts. I offer any guys who have you as the leader in week one because you tend to get commit on the spot. ONLY those who have you as a leader.

Then I spread the minutes evenly.

Week 2: Look at which prospects have an offer on your watch list. If they have been offered by schools near the top of the list and you are 200+ behind without an offer, I usually drop him. If you are within that 200 range, then I offer to make up ground.

Week 3: Same as week 2 except you get a better picture. By now I usually end up dropping half my list, and adding 5-10 more players. Players I add end up being prospects I didn't add the first time so I could keep the minutes at 20-30+ or those highly rated ones which looks like no schools are attempting to recruit.

Week 4: Similiar to week 3, more closer to dropping the guys and really getting your list of 10-12 players you want and have a realistic chance of getting (around a 100 of the leader).

Week 5: I usually have my list relatively set. I tend to keep 2-3 players who don't have an offer from anyone listed about me, who I really like even though I feel I won't end up getting. Like those where you are maybe third on his list, but 500 points behind, but the leader hasn't offered yet. Those guys you usually end up making a bunch of ground, get to -1 of the leader, he softs to the leader even without and offer, and commits before you make up that -1 ground. Annoying, yet I try.

Week 6: By now I have my list of 10-2 and giving at least 40 minutes each. I don't offer unless someone offers above me or I'm the only one recruiting the guy (400+ above the team in second, you being the leader). Sometimes they commit, even if the interest isn't that high yet.

Usually do my visits between 10 and 13. 10 if I need to make up ground - more often than not, don't end up with the recruit, and 12 or 13 if I'm right in the race.

End up with about 8 recruits going into the offseason with a list of 5 or uncommitted. I keep at least 10 unsigned recruits on my watch at all times. Makes no sense wasting those minutes. So if you get a soft verbal then add another guy to use his minutes.

Off season, I follow similar preseason with looking at the newly added top 100 players with me listed. Offer those you lead, drop, etc... Basically you have the players you want by week 3. I don't add anyone after week 4 because you have little to no chance if the recruit is being recruited. I do say not being recruited because if there's a 4 star or higher players not being recruited with no offers on his list, I just throw out an random offer (even if they aren't listing you) and you sometimes get a commit out of the blue. Worth trying. Usually snag an extra 4 star WR or RB with only using an offer since there are so many.

Some other things... Use all the minutes each week, foremost prefer a pipeline player, doesn't hurt to randomly offer in the last week (5) of the off season if no one is recruiting them.

That's what I do. Works relatively well and I don't waste time on recruiting other than the preseason and offseason parts.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
I am playing as UTEP on Heisman recruiting level. My first class was ranked 45th which is decent, but my second class was ranked 21st.

For those struggling, lets say you are an average to a below average team. Go hard after tons of 3 star players and build depth. My classes went like this:

1st class- 0 5*; 2 4*; 15 3*; 4 2*
2nd class-1 5*; 2 4*; 15 3*; 3 2*
I had a class like this 2nd year with Eastern Michigan on heisman recruiting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »