Home

Best Recruiting Class Ever

This is a discussion on Best Recruiting Class Ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #49
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Best Recruiting Class Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Let me ask you guys something... when yall recruit, how do you go about doing it? How many guys do you put on your board and how do you go about deciding how much time to allot to the different players?
I only allow myself 15 recruits on Week 1. Once I land 2 or 3 recruits then I start adding more, normally happens around Week 4-6. Then I go back and do a search for interested recruits (green) and look for prospects that aren't leaning too far in favor of another school and target them if I'm interested. At the same time I will start at the #1 recruit and go down the list looking for recruits (5*-3*) that are being ignored by their top 10 schools. If any of those recruits interest me I will target them. But I only ever call a max 15 recruits at any given week (40 mins per).

I only recruit what I need to keep roster minimums met for the next year or two, this help prevent my team from become a juggernaut. If I need 1 MLB, i'll target 2 MLB's and hope I land 1 of the 2. I normally end up with 19-22 recruits a year.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

Last edited by Andrews85; 08-08-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #50
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
hahaha. What was his overall rating? I cannot get the ball to my outside receivers on anything but go routes
71 OVR. I have him as my #4 WR right now because I still have 2 Seniors and a Junior in the upper 80's. But next year he'll be a #2 for sure.

Yeah, I struggle to get the ball to them as well, but I like to use 5 and 10 yard come-back routes. Make sure the WR is turning to come back to the ball or its basically an automatic INT.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #51
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

UH..

Play on Heisman?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I wouldn't go that far....Clemson does bring in top-25 classes annually so they CAN recruit
I would... Page and Bellamy were both being paid to go to Clemson and they sure weren't the first or the last...
Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #53
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingTrivial
Does anyone else scour the bottom half of recruits (high 1*, 2*) to find some gems. Im on my first season with UK and found a wonderful KR/PR for next season. 6'5 225 with A- Speed and B+ acc. I always try to look for gems in the bottom half of the recruits.
Eww... a 6'5 Kick returner? Really? Seems odd..

I have found that tall guys have a slower time hitting top speed and juking, even if their ACC or Juke is up in the high 90s. It just seems shorter players work better for stuff like that.

Its why I always ALWAYS have a couple of small 5'8-'5'11 receivers on my rosters. They work amazing in the slot and for kick returns.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #54
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Eww... a 6'5 Kick returner? Really? Seems odd..

I have found that tall guys have a slower time hitting top speed and juking, even if their ACC or Juke is up in the high 90s. It just seems shorter players work better for stuff like that.

Its why I always ALWAYS have a couple of small 5'8-'5'11 receivers on my rosters. They work amazing in the slot and for kick returns.
I can understand that....def would look odd. I say Returner but once my next season starts....he'll more than likely be a top 3 receiver on my team, so he def wont be returning. What can I say though...I recruit like Al Davis drafts...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #55
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm recruiting a guy who's a 4* FS 6'2 with A+ speed A acc C awr B MCV B ZCV B PRC, if I get him he'll be a beast
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »