Home

If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

This is a discussion on If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #49
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
I dont mind losing. Its what makes the game fun, but I dont like being cheated either.
This pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. Winning is fun, losing is (slightly less, but still) fun. I've sat through 80-30 routs as SMU against TCU because I knew they were the better team and there was nothing I could do to stop them, but it still felt like I was the one losing with my team. I enjoy almost upsetting a big team just as much as I do when someone almost upsets me. But when you lose the feeling that you're controlling your team and that the CPU is calling the shots, it kills that completely.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #50
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50
Post Re: If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

Momentum is big in this years game but lol i ever have a problem lol. Im just stalllng waiting on a patch for now. So alot of what you are talking about may change a lil for you lol possibly
Old 08-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't buy this. I really just read the first post and then replied to be honest and I feel like you were even lucky to force OT. It was your fault to have 2 INT's and 3 fumbles. After the first fumble why didn't you protect the ball more often when contact was about to happen? Then after the second one you should have just ran out of bounds before contact or protected the ball every single time you had it.

And the interceptions are your fault as well. You threw two of them, so obviously you were missing something in the passing game that game.

Sounds to me the reason you lost was your own fault. In OT since you had fumbled 3 times in regulation, why were you not protecting the ball on those runs?

And then after you had already fumbled 3 times in regulation and once before in the previous OT, I once again have to ask, why did you not protect the ball before contact, especially when it was your QB carrying the ball?!

I know we all hate losing, and it is frustrating the way we lose, and I have too before thought the game was against me all of the time, but once I cooled down and looked back, it was always my fault I lost. The same can be said about the game talked about in the OP. If you have two interceptions and five fumbles, you can't blame the CPU for stealing a win from you. It's your own fault for not changing how you play(covering the ball before contact, throw shorter, safer passes).

You should be happy that after 7 turnovers you were able to make it into double OT, not getting mad you lost.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #52
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Would the OP have posted a thread if something like that happened in HIS favor? No.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #53
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I think the game definitely bumps up stats in different situations, but that's not the same as a predestined loss. I expect guys to get a little pumped up at home, or intimidated on the road, especially in pressure situations, based on that player's age and stats.

But we have no idea how EA handles this. We'd like to think it's a really fair and well conceived algorithm that takes into account all the things I mentioned above and applies them in a realistic manner. But it could also be some horrible bit of code that just ratchets up your chance of fumbling on some arbitrary basis. Or gives the other team some artificially huge boost in ratings for no good reason.

But I do know these games are not unwinnable. However they come about. So the only thing you can do is just go along with it, assume your guys are having some bad luck and play through it. Ignorance can be bliss sometimes. Unless we have access to the source code we can't really pinpoint whether it's fair or not.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #54
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Se7ens
I've had 6 holding calls on me in a row as Rice with the default sliders... It was ridiculous... esp. after each one I'd get a huge chunk back, only to get pushed back even farther...

i just played someone and put my defensive line on conservative so i wouldnt jump and hey guess what the guy made me jump the snap 35 times in a row and i lost god knows how many sportsmanship points, i was ticked off i never jumped it was always the cpu on a the same two people everytime, i controlled one the other jumped, i was up 28-0 when he did that and i just quit because there was no way i deserved to lose over 3000 points
Old 08-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #55
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Please people dont blow me off like I am a sore loser because im not. But do you ever get the feeling that the computer will win no matter what you do? Heres my story.

Baylor(Me) Vs. Iowa State

After overcoming great odds, 2 interceptions thrown by me and 3 fumbles by a impact running back, I was able to tie the game 31-31 going into overtime.

I win the coin toss elect to play defense. Iowa state doesnt get a single yard on offense and misses the FG.

Then I get the ball and decide to run it just so i can have a sure field goal. I gash them right up the middle and 2 yards shy of TD, my RB fumbles and Iowa State recovers!

2nd overtime. I have the ball first, and decide to scramble with robert griffin. There is nothing but open field for him he breaks a tackle and runs and 5 yards shy of the endzone he fumbles again and a DT runs the fumble back all the way for a touchdown!

I don't mind losing, but it seemed like for a team that is #9 in the nation with a few All Americans, you would assume all hell wouldn't break loose like it did during this game.

I was making huge huge plays and the computer would respond with a play where the QB would break 4 tackles in a row for a 1st down, or my All American, who leads the nation in interceptions drops 3 potential interceptions that he could of taken to the house.

Or If i make a huge run, its a penalty. This is not the only game ive been cheated out in, but it pisses me off because it ended my hopes for a national championship showing.
I'm sorry, but how is a 42 yard field goal from dead straight, not a sure field goal? Maybe not in real life, but in this game it's automatic with a kicker of 70 OVR.

Not to mention I rarely ever fumble because I put the carrying option in gameplan on conservative every game. Plus it's not too hard to cover the ball, especially after 3 fumbles. I probably haven't fumbled 3 times in 3 years with that on, other than the occasional bad option pitch. Blame the game, but your gameplan got exploited it seems like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

When I was the OC for OU, Ball State scored 38 points in Norman, 6 minute quarters. Yeah, I had to fight to win that game. Complete bs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »