Home

Recruiting logic: Still Jacked Up

This is a discussion on Recruiting logic: Still Jacked Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Recruiting logic: Still Jacked Up

The op was talking about CPU teams I'm in year like 8 in my dynasty and teams have like 6 ol and 10cbs then 6qbs
Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80
The computer still adds recruits no matter what during off season recruiting, unless you fill all 25 scholarships yourself.

I usually target a class of about 15 or so for the most part, and even with all computer help off, the computer during off season recruiting will add people almost every week ... it's really really annoying.
^THIS^ Really bugs me. Especially when I spend all this time recruiting a 3 star safety, only to have the computer sign 3 more and 2 of them are rated higher! Sure it makes my team better, but I hate having to cut a guy I just spent 10 weeks recruiting.

Edit: This happens in off-season recruiting in between Week 5 and signing day. I'll get like 6 guys that I didn't recruit or offer.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram124
^THIS^ Really bugs me. Especially when I spend all this time recruiting a 3 star safety, only to have the computer sign 3 more and 2 of them are rated higher! Sure it makes my team better, but I hate having to cut a guy I just spent 10 weeks recruiting.

Edit: This happens in off-season recruiting in between Week 5 and signing day. I'll get like 6 guys that I didn't recruit or offer.
Try turning off the CPU recruiting options under 'recruit plan'.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't understand how EA has said they have touched this every year, yet it's still terrible.

They say they have caps for each position, but from looking at CPU teems, it seems these caps are ridiculous. Teams should have only 4, maybe 5 QBs at the max. 4-6 RBs, 1-2 FBs, 6-8 WRs, 2-3 TEs, 8-11 OL, etc. Those are maxes.

It seems right now though CPU teams are allowed to get up to 7 QBs, 6 RBs, 9 WRs, 8 CBs, and then only have 6 OL, and 4 DL, along with 4 LB.

There need to be maximum caps as well as minimums that result in recruiting that position. If the CPU analyzes its roster and sees it has 4 QBs, but two are SRs, then it should only recruit at the most 2 QBs to fill the SRs leaving.

The CPU needs to recruit like that. They need to realize that they'll have 5 SR's on offense graduating and only recruit enough players to fill their spots, then maybe a few more players to add depth at positions they are at the minimum cap, and then it should be smart enough to analyze what position is it's weakest and how it stacks up with other teams ranked near them and should recruit some players there if possible.

Instead what we have is the CPU signing 25 players every year when they only have 12 SR's leaving and 2 JRs going pro. That leaves them with 11 extra players. Out of those 11 players, 4 will be WRs even though they are stacked at WRs, but those WRs will come in with higher OVR's than half of their OL, so they cut the OL players to make room for the WR's which ends up making them having 11 WR's and 6 total OL for the next year.

The CPU should only be signing players to replace players graduating, and then they should recruit a few more to add depth or to try and improve their weakness. That's how I recruit and I usually get 15-18 commitments a year and I never have to cut players hardly. I never have terrible teams, in fact, my teams generally improve over the years like that because I have less recruits to go after, so I can spend more time on quality recruits instead of less time for quantity recruits.

― Plato
Old 08-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
Try turning off the CPU recruiting options under 'recruit plan'.
As stated before, it is off, and it still happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80
As stated before, it is off, and it still happens.

Turn cpu OFFER assistance off so that you are the only one to offer players.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Turn cpu OFFER assistance off so that you are the only one to offer players.
I have all of the computer help off. None of it is on, and the computer still signs players during the off-season recruiting. I could sim through all 5 weeks of it, and not target or offer one player myself and the computer would still add players to my roster. It's not like it's one or two... it's multiple players.

It only happens during the off-season, no issues while in-season recruiting and everything turned off.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #24
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea I noticed that after 5 weeks in the off-season recruiting, my team still signs couple recruits without me ever offering them a scholarship. In fact, they sign on my team pretty much as a walk-on. This is with CPU assistance off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »