Home

Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

This is a discussion on Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzybear
I dont think we should get 25 scholarships every year. If i use all 25, that would mean i cut 55 players over 5 years. We should only get the number of scholarships that would be available to make it more realistic
just don't recruit 25 every year. even if the roster cap was 85, if you get 25 per year, you'll still have to cut people. that is why when I recruit, I usually stick to only recruiting as many people as I have leaving or use a # of seniors + 3 rule, to cover anyone that may leave early. It's usually the rule/guideline in the ODs I play in anyway.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzybear
I dont think we should get 25 scholarships every year. If i use all 25, that would mean i cut 55 players over 5 years. We should only get the number of scholarships that would be available to make it more realistic
I agree with this. Since they abandoned realism by only having 70 players on each team, the real life 25 yearly limit makes little sense in this game. A good portion of every recruiting class is red-shirted anyways so if you are consistently recruiting 20+ each year you will be way over the limit of 70 each year.

I'm absolutely amazed some of you guys don't really think this is a big problem. For anyone that's taken a dynasty 3+ years in it really gets annoying cutting 3* or better Freshman or upperclassmen. It's been like this since the PS1 days as well. Every year when EA talks about improvements over the previous version and this isn't mentioned but things such as improved fan graphics or whatever are hyped it seriously aggravates me.

Oversigning is one of the ugliest problems in college football and that the game let's me oversign by 10 or so each year is obnoxious. The fact that this seems like a easy fix and hasn't been addressed in years says a lot about EA in my opinion.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #19
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
just don't recruit 25 every year. even if the roster cap was 85, if you get 25 per year, you'll still have to cut people. that is why when I recruit, I usually stick to only recruiting as many people as I have leaving or use a # of seniors + 3 rule, to cover anyone that may leave early. It's usually the rule/guideline in the ODs I play in anyway.
It's weird because the past two years in my dynasty I've had recruits who have never been on my board sign with me, and I've used up my entire 25 scholarships even though I didn't want to.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
It's weird because the past two years in my dynasty I've had recruits who have never been on my board sign with me, and I've used up my entire 25 scholarships even though I didn't want to.
I've never had that. I turn off recruiting assist first thing when entering dynasty mode, and I rarely get any walk-ons because I try to keep my roster well balanced.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Full rosters
Pick travel rosters
Medical red-shirts
Gray-shirts
Early enrollments
Cut players and un-recruited players should become Juco class

With full rosters you can add more injuries into the game.

With full rosters you could redo progression knowing that freshmen wouldn't be starting nearly as much

With full rosters there would be more intense recruiting battles, and you could probably increase recruiting time to 12 hours a week.

With full rosters you could have more transfers without crippling teams (maybe increase number a little to make up for lack of players quitting teams or being suspended)

With full rosters, ratings could be redone for incoming freshmen where freshmen could play like inexperienced freshmen, and more experienced seniors with more awareness could make fewer mistakes and be generally more reliable. In my opinion the recruiting classes would be generally better balanced since EA wouldn't have to worry about making freshmen come in as good enough players to start since they generally would only be thrown in because of a lack of depth.

Finally, if people had full rosters maybe they wouldn't make judgments about whether or not a player is a bust before that player has even had a year to progress or seen the player on the field because the initial ratings were not high enough to allow that player to start early.

Last edited by UniversityofArizona; 08-07-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

OVR: 2

I can't believe people are arguing against this. We are crying for some REALISM. EA's motto is "if it's in the game, it's in the game" which just screams "we are attempting to get it as real as possible." So why aren't rosters as real as possible?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I've never had that. I turn off recruiting assist first thing when entering dynasty mode, and I rarely get any walk-ons because I try to keep my roster well balanced.
It happens. Its a glitch. I had all cpu assists off and I only signed 17 players to scholarships that year... well after I simmed the last off season week, I got 7 more players that I signed... I was like.... "wha....."
Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
Full rosters
Pick travel rosters
Medical red-shirts
Gray-shirts
Early enrollments
Cut players and un-recruited players should become Juco class

With full rosters you can add more injuries into the game.

With full rosters you could redo progression knowing that freshmen wouldn't be starting nearly as much

With full rosters there would be more intense recruiting battles, and you could probably increase recruiting time to 12 hours a week.

With full rosters you could have more transfers without crippling teams (maybe increase number a little to make up for lack of players quitting teams or being suspended)

With full rosters, ratings could be redone for incoming freshmen where freshmen could play like inexperienced freshmen, and more experienced seniors with more awareness could make fewer mistakes and be generally more reliable. In my opinion the recruiting classes would be generally better balanced since EA wouldn't have to worry about making freshmen come in as good enough players to start since they generally would only be thrown in because of a lack of depth.

Finally, if people had full rosters maybe they wouldn't make judgments about whether or not a player is a bust before that player has even had a year to progress or seen the player on the field because the initial ratings were not high enough to allow that player to start early.
All of this, plus the ability to offer preferred walk on status to 5-10 recruits who might be local or lesser recruited by "big-name" schools but not good enough for a scholarship.

Then as their career goes on, you have the ability to offer them one of the available scholarships that year, rather than offer a new recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »