Home

0 Points from a Recruiting Pitch

This is a discussion on 0 Points from a Recruiting Pitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

TJM5054's Arena

OVR: 0
0 Points from a Recruiting Pitch

Why is it that sometimes you'll be pitching a recruit and it shows your gaining points during the pitches but at the end summary, it says 0 Points in red?

This happened recently with a player I was recruiting that has me #1 and Im ahead by like 800 points. I was giving him 60 minutes but dropped it down to 30. Maybe that ticked him off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 0 Points from a Recruiting Pitch

Just a little glitch that happens when you press the button to fast to get through the pitches... its not really 0, it just shows up like that.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM5054
Why is it that sometimes you'll be pitching a recruit and it shows your gaining points during the pitches but at the end summary, it says 0 Points in red?

This happened recently with a player I was recruiting that has me #1 and Im ahead by like 800 points. I was giving him 60 minutes but dropped it down to 30. Maybe that ticked him off?
Were you tapping "A"/"X" rapidly? If you do that, especially once the final screen is set to come up, you'll simply skip over the recruiting point recap, and it will show a blank screen with a red 0 in the upper right corner before it reverts back to your recruiting board. As far as the competition catching up, I wonder if it's because you only called for 30 while the opponents called for 60, and everyone negatively recruited the hell out of you. On higher levels the CPU will neg whoever is in first, so if you're there and only giving 30 you're in trouble. Also, does your school have average/poor pitch grades? That would enhance the negging.

Just some thoughts.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Like they've both said, it's if you press the button too fast to get it but. This has actually been in issue since last year, possibly 10' but I'm not too sure. You still get the points from what I know, it just shows up as 0.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Rookie

TJM5054's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks, yes it was from hitting button to fast.

I am not losing recruiting ground as I am the only one with an offer and keep gaining points ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

It didn't do it in '10 because it didn't tell how many points you earned
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

what about when you offer a scholarship and it says 0 points should you just stop recruiting that player at that point???
Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
what about when you offer a scholarship and it says 0 points should you just stop recruiting that player at that point???
this has happened a lot to me. It happens always when im in the offseason and sometimes im even #1 on their list and i offer them a scholarship for 0 points. Its kinda weird sometimes. Dont stop recruiting him though, just recruit him even harder now.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »