Home

Coaching Carousel Question!

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel Question! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coaching Carousel Question!

Ok my contract has expired and I have two options: to either sign an extension or apply for the Penn State job. Is there anyway I can wait till more offers or do I have to accept or decline the extension?

I'll probably sign the extension but I wanna wait around and see the other jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Coaching Carousel Question!

after my first year i was offered 2 jobs at first i declined each and then another popped up this happened about 4 times before i declined them all and stayed in my previous contract
Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
after my first year i was offered 2 jobs at first i declined each and then another popped up this happened about 4 times before i declined them all and stayed in my previous contract
Yes but when I clicked on Penn State I couldn't decline it. I could only apply for the job.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

So you're asking if the Penn State job will still be on the table if you bypass it to see your other offers? I'm almost positive the answer is no; if you decline the job they will find someone to fill the position.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
So you're asking if the Penn State job will still be on the table if you bypass it to see your other offers? I'm almost positive the answer is no; if you decline the job they will find someone to fill the position.
No I'm wondering if my offer from the school I'm already at will be there if I decline it to look at other offers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
No I'm wondering if my offer from the school I'm already at will be there if I decline it to look at other offers.
Here's how it works. You either accept your extension or "explore other options in coaching carousel." Once you get to the carousel, your job will be there, in the order the rest of the schools are.

For example, if I'm OC at Auburn, and my contract runs out so I decide to look at other jobs, it may go like this:

UF HC
UGA HC
USC OC
AU OC
LSU DC
etc.....

Now, if I wasn't offered/declined the UF HC, UGA HC and USC OC jobs, it's back to my job on the carousel. They will offer me the contract extension again, and this time if I decline they will hire someone else.

I hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »