Home

Being able to do what the CPU does

This is a discussion on Being able to do what the CPU does within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #1

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Being able to do what the CPU does

Does anyone else feel there would tons less frustration in this game if the CPU players on a human controlled team would act like the CPU players on the CPU team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Being able to do what the CPU does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Does anyone else feel there would tons less frustration in this game if the CPU players on a human controlled team would act like the CPU players on the CPU team?
In theory that's what you want, in execution, the CPU wouldn't stand a chance against you then.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #3

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
In theory that's what you want, in execution, the CPU wouldn't stand a chance against you then.
I don't see this though, I admit I'm not an elite player by any stretch of the imagination. But even just a little of the insane block shedding or reaction times some of the CPU players have against me would be nice. I feel like ninety percent of the players on the field are brain dead, and the other ten percent killed themselves while trying to figure out how to run out of the tunnel. It just doesn't give me a realistic feel when I see a lower rated safety cover an insane amount of ground to bat a pass down, yet my 90 OVR safety just kinda frolicks amongst the flowers and watches the opponent catch and run.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do you mean that... that my blockers would hold their blocks... for more 1.5 seconds? I didn't even know that was possible...
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i hate how high the cpu defense jumps to bat down passes and when i wanna do it i hit the jump button and my guys just stick their arms up and the ball just goes over their hands
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

The CPU is usually garbage on offense anways.. If anything, I want my players to be worse than they are.. I can't tell you how many times my LBs in my 3-4 scheme are in the backfield sacking or tackling for losses.

And this is on Heisman.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Yes, BUT I would also like to see the CPU defense adjust there defense base on my formation. For example, my offense is on the left hash, I come out with a receiver to my left and two receivers to the right. The CPU comes out in nickel, yet leaves the corner and nickel back to my left, meaning there is one corner and a safety at 8 to 10 yards to cover my two receivers. It's obviously zone, and if I have a run play called, as long as my tackle just occupies the defensive end, I have 3-5 yards. The CPU does the same thing for bear and under defenses. If the TE doesn't come line up and the correct side, the defense is basically lining up incorrectly.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Would be wonderful if defenses flipped and adapted the called defensive play based on the opponents formation and preset instructions, but then that would require the ROLB to do more than always line up on the right side. That ROLB would have to act more like a strong side linebacker or weakside linebacker, and this new linebacker would have to have some sort of role other than being a generic looking linebacker. As it is right now you can recruit a run stopper, but he will only run stop on that side instead of moving opposite the offenses good run blocking TE to help stop the run on a consistent basis. Also, it is near impossible to get an over or under defensive play to work correctly because of this since you can't match up your linebackers strengths and weaknesses to the offenses strengths and weaknesses. I generally find myself just recruiting the same on both sides to help compensate. For instance, I will recruit two outside run stoppers so I can stop runs going to either side, but then that makes me vulnerable to the pass which then causes me use nickle formations more than I would necessarily like causing my defense to suffer to 3 wr set runs....and on and on and on

Stuff like this happens for all the defensive positions as well including safeties which always line up in the same spot on the left or right side of the field, and defensive linemen who do likewise as well.

If a team recruits a qb that is left handed I want them to swap their offensive line so that their best linemen is protecting his blindside if that guy becomes the starter. I want to have to choose whether or not to practice my defensive line to respond with it's own flip so my best defensive end is coming up on the qb's blind side, or if I leave the line in the spots they are comfortable with. But considering there is no blind side in the game at all for the cpu or human what does it matter as long as the defensive line and offensive line rawr charge into each other and play into a patty cake semi circle.

I honestly feel this game is akin to making chess into checkers.

One more thing I feel the game needs:

Defensive match-ups: what if I want my best corner to always be on their best receiver.

What if i have a couple good blitzing corners, and I want them to always be my nickle corners, and not just have to hope the fatigue settings keep them in the number 3 spot on the depth chart instead of rising up to number 2 when the starter gets tired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »