Home

Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game...

This is a discussion on Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game...

I thought the reason the pitches were random were because the player brought that topic up. So he asked about your academic prestige, which made him like your school a little less. I could be wrong but that's what I always thought it was.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

the non-commitable offer thing drives me crazy
Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
The fact that elite prospects only have 2-3 offers. Give me a break they should have 30-40 offers before the season even starts.

This makes landing 5-6 five star prospects relatively easy for the user.
Does the fact that the CPU is only making offers once a recruits interest is sufficiently high tip the CPUs hand in terms of telling you that it's more advantageous to wait until later in the recruiting process to make an offer?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
I thought the reason the pitches were random were because the player brought that topic up. So he asked about your academic prestige, which made him like your school a little less. I could be wrong but that's what I always thought it was.
but that's why it's so stupid, my academic prestige stinks so i ask him about it and he says it's "low" - so wtf would he even care?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #21
Rookie

Adam_in_SC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenever
Does the fact that the CPU is only making offers once a recruits interest is sufficiently high tip the CPUs hand in terms of telling you that it's more advantageous to wait until later in the recruiting process to make an offer?
You might be on to something but it still makes no sense that he has no offers. Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma and the like ALWAYS offers the #1 recruit in the nation even if he would NEVER go there. Jadeveon Clowney had offers from 40 plus schools last year that he remembers and more he thinks he may have had from smaller schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

They changed it to a roulette system because people were complaining the 'call til they hang up or you do' system was too easy.

In reality it was pretty easy in 09, when you could pitch for ten hours and sign any prospect you could want with any school. When they took it out in 10 it made it better. Like I've said, the roulette style is only an artificial difficulty booster. Nothing more. It isn't mean't to be realistic, it's meant to make it harder.

They need to scale some pitches, for example if a prospect wants to get away from his home, it should benefit you to be farther away. Where as in this game it would be a least or low and your not gaining anything and it can end up being swayed into a good pitch by closer schools.

Personally I hope they go back to a hybrid system combining the two, where you can pick what pitches but if you've been pounding your locker room / weight room into their heads for too long they will block out the opportunity to use it at least for a phone call or two.

I love the idea of swaying pitches (could be tied to a Coaching attribute later on, but I'm scared of them adding a persuasion attribute that can progress up to A and then your always swaying them.) And downplaying other schools (again could fall into a persusasion kind of attribute).

I think adding in Coaching ratings could go a long way, I know that Coaching Prestige is an option in recruiting but some guys are just great recruiters and a rating that affects your scale of options, would be great. Than again I guess I'm just having dreams of CHoops 2K8's CC again.

I have a lot of raw ideas, but most likely it will be the same thing next year as it was this year. Sucks, I used to love recruiting.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennStatePeter
Another minor problem, but a problem none the less is the realism of the recruits talking to you. It seems like all the recruits (or those that I've noticed) are all a**holes. I was the head coach of Texas with a A+ prestige and the number one recruit would continually make sarcastic comments, even when Texas was their number 1 school. "Blah Blah Blah, more talk about you." It just doesnt seem realistic as you would never do that to a coach yet alone a very prestigious coach.

Maybe its one of those things where you only notice the bad and skim over the good and I have seen some good. I'm not asking for a change, cause honestly I could care less. Its just not realistic, even if said school is very low on your list.

There are a lot of things I'd rather have fixed, I'm just pointing this out.
How about the "Gee coach, it's a good thing you finally offered a visit, I've been scheduling them for weeks now" response ... when you've been pumping 60 minutes a week into the a**wipe, it's the 1st wk the option has come up, and can clearly see that he's got NO visits scheduled.
Agree, other things I'd change, but aside from the dumb-a** response itself, how hard is it to program (and I'm not a programmer) if-then statements that are more plausible/logical?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 17

I hate that once a player commits, its done and he has pretty much signed his LOI right there you can't do anything about it.. in real life recruiting isn't over until National Signing Day

They should make these hard commits 'soft' until Signing Day but not the usual 'soft' where you can flip them easily, we should be able to call anyone up until NSD or until they say "No more coach, I'm locking it down right now and am a solid to commit to Whatever U"... Signing Day is a huge deal and is not represented that well in the game, a cut scene with a player picking from hats would be huge imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »